• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kayo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
farichada wrote:
kayo wrote:
I apparently just noticed this thread, but here goes.

Marital Status: Single
Favorite Music: Classical

Wow, are you really 12? You write like you are in at least in high school, and you write better than some of us college folk. It's amazing how little age matters on the web if you just know a little grammar, spelling and vocabulary.

Who are your favorite classical composers? Brahams or Schubert by chance? I also love classical music. I think it is safe to say that you are one of the youngest posters on ANN. It's a blessing that you can write well too. Just watch out for pedobear; he might get you if you aren't careful. I only kid, but it doesn't hurt to be careful.

Whoops. I didn't notice that I typed 12. Sorry about that! I must've been typing too fast or something, I'm actually 15 and a high school sophomore. Although I suppose that when I was 12 I wrote the basically same way, stylistically speaking. I was never one of those people who wrote like 'hi wats up? lol im 12', at least Smile
And yes, I really like both Brahms and Schubert. I like a few pieces by Mozart, Liszt, and Beethoven as well, and Anton Chekhov's New World Symphony is one of my favorite songs ever. I play the piano, so I'm pretty familiar with all the composers and some of their pieces.
And don't worry, I'm careful about those types of things. It's kind of scary thinking there'd be people out there who would target 12-year-olds.. But thanks for the advice.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote
When I was like, 13 people thought I was 18 or something. Instant addition of 5 years onto your life = Have proper grammer skills. Still...it was kind of creepy.
And to keep this post at least revelantly on topic, I like classical too, I don't have a favorite composer really but I love the Planets (Jupiter is my favorite) and the Carnival of the Animals songs Smile
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
My username, "classicalzawa" is so named for classical music, one of my favorite genres of music. And the end part of "Mechazawa", a character from Cromartie High, one of my favorite anime/manga. I actually don't like my name (nor did I like it when I made it), but I'm not going to change it now. One thing I was not quite expecting around here is the amount of people overly familiar with classical music and the Monkey Island game series. A lot of people note classical music they hear in anime over at the music board (there's a thread on it somewhere).
Mistypearl wrote:
When I was like, 13 people thought I was 18 or something...but I love the Planets (Jupiter is my favorite)

I'm quite the opposite, despite being decently tall, people still think I'm 16 or 17 (even though I'm 20). I'll be carded til' I'm 30!
Mars is my favorite planet for the record, hooray for Gustav Holst!
Overlord Z-ko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
Name: Its a secret
Sex: Male
Blood Type: no idea
Ethnicity:Mixed
Religion: none
Pets: My college dorm doesn't allow pets I wish I had a cat.
Drink/Smoke: I do not drink or smoke and I usaully avaoid caffeine as well.
Likes: anime and manga, video games, roleplaying games, music, catoons, comics
Dislikes: sitting still
Favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Case Closed, Shin Chan
Favorite Manga: Ranma 1/2, Dragonball
Favorite Books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Harry Potter Series. Dork Tower (comic book)
Favorite game: Video: FF9, FFTA, Disgaea, Persona 4, Super Mario RPG, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Marvel vs. Capcom Super Mario Bros. 3, Yoshi's Island. Tabletop: Changeling: the Lost
Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Venture Brothers, Megas XLR, Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Angry Beavers.
Favorite Drink: water
Favorite Foods: Tofu
Favorite Sites: RPG.NET, Anime News Network, TheGuywiththe glasses, Youtube.
Favorite Sport(to watch): none
Favorite Sport (to play): Kickball, Dodgeball, Tennis, Capture the flag
Favorite Music: Goth, Synthpop, some alternative and metal.
Job: Unemployed student
Hobbies: Playing Guitar, Playing RPG's
Fun facts about Overlord Z-ko:
Favorite Quotes: "Chicks Dig Giant Robots" Megas XLR
"Go team Venture" The Venture Brothers
DomFortress

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote
Name: Johnny. Now once again, with passion

Marital Status: Going steady

Ethnicity: Chinese

Religion: Spiritual but not religious

Drink/Smoke: Only sample wines as a hobby/none-smoker

Dislikes: Injustice in a freedom society

Favorite anime: Super robot genre

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Gun Smith Cats, Gon, Gundam Origin,

Favorite Books: What Happy Women know, Dreams for My Father

Favorite game: Burnout series, Dead or Alive 2, Gundam VS series

Favorite Movies: Rocky series, Die Hard series, Redbelt, Pulp Fiction, Just about anything starring with Samuel L. Jackson(except Star Wars)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milk

Favorite Foods: I'll eat anything I can get my hands on, but I like foods made with natural(organics are overrated) ingredients

Favorite Sites: Anime News Network for obvious reason, Crunchy Roll because I can

Favorite Sport (to train): Boxing, interval running, dynamic conditioning using weights, power lifting, mix martial art, and swimming

Favorite Music: The Rocky movie soundtracks

Job: Piece work ticket clerk at Sugoi Performance Apparels

Hobbies: Studying positive psychology, fitness, wellness, marital arts, and anime subculture at my leisure

Fun facts about Delta:
Arrow 6'@222lbs of mostly bones and muscles mass
Arrow Can't seem to find a sparing partner so I don't know how to hold my punches
Arrow Like metro-sexual lifestyle
Arrow Am more in touched with my feminine side
Arrow Has vast knowledge on UC Gundam, even though I'm more of a Super robot genre otaku
Arrow Would prefer my first child to be a girl
Arrow Think "too much of a good thing" from my girlfriend as a complement regarding my performance in bed
Arrow My ANN avatar is in Chinese, and it reads from left to right, top to bottom as follow:

To error is human, we can be trigger-happy
(Self-Destruct)
That's pushing it

Favorite Quotes:
Be the change you want to see in the world-- Mahatma Gandhi

Don't think; feel. It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory.-- Bruce Lee

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance-- Thomas Jeffersons

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.-- John 8:32

Then they're nothing like me, for not speaking against injustice is the same as forfeiting one's right to fight for freedom.-- Me

The truth is the only justice needed in a freedom society.-- Me
BloodPact725

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Hello everybody. I've actually been on the forums for quite some time, but I wanted to get off to a fresh start and get away from the image that I had been stuck to for the last three years. I was originally known as fighterholic. Here's to a new start at ANN!

Name: John

Sex: male

Marital Status: Single, and currently not looking for anybody, yet.

Religion: Christian-Protestant Lutheran Sect

Drink/Smoke: Trying to cut back on the drinking to lose some weight. Haven't smoked a pack since the beginning of the semester.

Likes: Lucky Star, Starcraft, Rhapsody of Fire, Dragonforce, among other things

Dislikes: 4channers, internet trolls, Gaia Online, elitists

Favorite Anime: Lucky Star, Hellsing Ultimate

Favorite Manga: Lucky Star, Hellsing, One Piece, Fruits Basket, Needless

Favorite Books: Anything that has to do with history

Favorite Games: Halo, Starcraft, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Marvel vs Capcom 2

Favorite Movies: LOTR, Japanese movies, science fiction movies

Favorite Sites: ANN, Youtube, Ebay, Newgrounds

Favorite Sport: Amatuer wrestling, American Football (NFL, NCAA)

Favorite Music: J-Pop, Heavy Metal, Trance

Job: Cashier at Staples, cashier at Book Off

Hobbies: Reading, playing games, hanging out, wrestling

Disclaimer: My original account on ANN is called fighterholic, but is now disabled as I wish to embark on a journey not as a troll/spammer, but as a more professional sounding poster, and to clean up my image amongst fellow posters. Thanks for reading!
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote
So, is that the root of your choice of screen name? You've made a BloodPact to be a better poster? :)If so, I'm curious as to the significance of the 725.
BloodPact725

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
So, is that the root of your choice of screen name? You've made a BloodPact to be a better poster? :)If so, I'm curious as to the significance of the 725.

Blood Pact came only a little bit after fighterholic, but it has been my name on most sites. That is the one that I regard as my main internet persona. The 725 comes from an obvious guess, if you were to take a look in a certain thread of the community forum. Also, I'd like to be a little more neutral on my posts from now on, as you can see from the fighterholic aspect they got a little pseudo-right wing. Though I will not change certain views of mine, I can be a little more civil about them. Besides trying to post like the way I was doing turned out to be very stressful.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quote
BloodPact725 wrote:
daedelus wrote:

Blood Pact came only a little bit after fighterholic, but it has been my name on most sites. That is the one that I regard as my main internet persona. The 725 comes from an obvious guess, if you were to take a look in a certain thread of the community forum. Also, I'd like to be a little more neutral on my posts from now on, as you can see from the fighterholic aspect they got a little pseudo-right wing. Though I will not change certain views of mine, I can be a little more civil about them. Besides trying to post like the way I was doing turned out to be very stressful.

Ok I gotta ask this as this idea has been bugging me for a bit with other examples. Why change your name or make a new account? Why do that instead of simply acting differently on your already existing name? I am not trying to be mean, I honestly just don't get it. I mean what's the point? Why not simply just try to change how you post on the account you normally use? I mean doing this seems to me like going to legally change your name when you decide to act in a different manner. What's the point? People still know it's you....how does being called something different change that? Again, this is no attack I simply don't understand the mind set behind this. I've seen other posters do this too here besides you. Like Dax for example had a second account and then went back to his original. I didn't know where to post this and I know it's OT but I just don't get it and had to ask. I would think if you feel there's a negative stigma attached to you or a specific name you use you'd want to try and fix that stigma as opposed to just making a new name.
BloodPact725

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Ok I gotta ask this as this idea has been bugging me for a bit with other examples. Why change your name or make a new account? Why do that instead of simply acting differently on your already existing name? I am not trying to be mean, I honestly just don't get it. I mean what's the point? Why not simply just try to change how you post on the account you normally use? I mean doing this seems to me like going to legally change your name when you decide to act in a different manner. What's the point? People still know it's you....how does being called something different change that? Again, this is no attack I simply don't understand the mind set behind this. I've seen other posters do this too here besides you. Like Dax for example had a second account and then went back to his original. I didn't know where to post this and I know it's OT but I just don't get it and had to ask. I would think if you feel there's a negative stigma attached to you or a specific name you use you'd want to try and fix that stigma as opposed to just making a new name.

I think it's a matter of one's own perspective of that stigma, and personality itself. I've gotten to the point that I do not want to be fighterholic anymore, because as fighterholic I feel that I have to go further beyond what my limits are, in an unhealthy fashion. As BloodPact725, I can start anew, and be a little more laid back about things. I don't think I could fix the persona behind fighterholic. It may sound confusing but I just don't want to be him anymore. It's been kind of depressing lately. I did this for myself, trying to see what I can do as BloodPact725. It was either this or I was going to leave the forums, which I did not want to do. It may be hard to accept, but I hope that you'll understand in time.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
I mean doing this seems to me like going to legally change your name when you decide to act in a different manner. What's the point? People still know it's you....how does being called something different change that?

Ever heard of anthroponymy? While in the West it is just a branch of sociological studies, in East Asia the term has a quite different meaning: calculating one's fortune and fate with his/her name, in combination of date/time of birth. Many people change their legal names just to change their fortune, including a college classmate of mine who just got his PhD degree. I don't know if BloodPact725 has been influenced by this Asian culture, but his reply certainly has reflected at least part of the idea.

The majority of newborn babies here are named by fortune tellers, who would charge up to a hundred US dollars per baby (this is not the most outrageous one; deciding the correct time of a Caesarean section costs US$200-300). It's a big business and no public figure dares to call it BS. I'm no public figure so I'm free to call it BS then, and I look down upon those parents who surrender their sacred rights to name their own children (plus those who voluntarily receives Caesarean not due to medical reasons). Razz Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JetWhite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quote
HAY FIRST POST!

Name: Ramiro

Ethnicity: Mom's "White", Dad's "Full-Blooded" Mexican

Pets: Three Dogs

Drink/Smoke: No

Likes: Baseball, Football, Rock Band, Anime & Manga (I guess...) and oh yeah girls?

Favorite Anime: Death Note, Dragon Ball, Black Lagoon (only ones that really watched)

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Death Note, Claymore, Reborn (only ones that I really read)

Favorite game: Rock Band

Favorite Foods: Pizzzzzza

Favorite Sites: ANN, Daiex, McFarlane

Favorite Sport (to watch): MLB, NFL

Favorite Music: Rock (any kind from any era really though there are some I can't stand), Country, um guess some Anime-themed music
Mistook

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote
Name: Cole

Marital Status: Single 4 Life.

Religion: Christian

Ethnicity: White as snow.

Pets: 1 dead hamster.

Drink/Smoke: No/No

Favorite Anime: Now and Then, Here and There, Gungrave, NGE, Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo. My tops.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote
And to celebrate 1000 posts on this forum, I'll re-introduce myself. Wink

Name: Hugo

Blood Type:...LCL?

Nationality/Ethnicity: Puerto Rican

Profession: Student, Spanish tutor.

Religion: Roman Catholic

Drink/Smoke: No

Dislikes: Many things.

Favorite Anime: Naruto, GITS (both seasons, not the movies at all), Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tenjho Tenge.

Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece.

Favorite Games: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Final Fantasy X.

Favorite book/authors: Probably only Harry Potter, though there have been some other books that I've liked.

Favorite Food: Rice, empanadillas, garlic bread.

Favorite Drink: Water, milk, coffee.

Family: Um, all of the ones that are alive?

Favorite Sports: Baseball, American Football, Basketball.

Favorite Music: I don't really listen to music on the radio these days. Aside from some anime soundtracks (mainly from Yoko Kanno) I mainly listen to Linkin Park and some other 80s music that my parents that my parents play.

Favorite Quotes: Hmm....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Duke Evangelion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I've been reading on ANN for some time now, but just decided to introduce myself and, yeah... So here it is:

Name: Marko

Blood Type: --

Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (Podgorica, Montenegro is my hometown)

Marital Status: Never married Very Happy

Ethnicity: Serbian/Montenegrin

Religion: Orthodox Christian (but very open minded)

Pets: 1 Guinea pig

Drink/Smoke: Yes (socially) NO, respectively.

Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hellsing, Hayao miyazaki’s work, Makoto Shinkai’s work, Daeth Note, The Melanchony of Haruhi Suzumiya, and many others…

Favorite Manga: Hellsing, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Favorite Books: The Brothers Karamazov, Anna Karenina, Count of Monte Cristo…

Favorite game: Resident Evil (but I haven’t played anything recently except Heavenly Sword)

Favorite Movies: A Clockwork Orange, Blade Runner, Hellboy II, Red Desert, Tokyo Monogatari, Generally Tim Burton’s, Stanle Kubrick’s and several European directors’ work such as Michelangelo Antonioni… /

Favorite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica, Arrested Development, The Big Bang Theory, The Black Addler, Farscape, Doctor Who, Stargate Atlantis, some J-Dorama like Hana Yori Dango (yes it is very good), Kimi wa Petto…

Favorite Drink: Wine or beer

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water

Favorite Foods: I could same kind of food for several days, but I like chicken in many different ways, preferably dead and cooked

Favorite Sites: Google?, SF Centar (for those f you interested in Sci-Fi but speak only serbo-croatian)

Favorite Sport (to watch): I am a very good basketball player but two-three years now hate watching any kind of sports

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball, Ping-Pong

Favorite Music: tough question, Gothic, Dark Wave, Classical, Industrial, J-Rock… but I should probably name few bands: Rammstein, BUCK-TICK, Lacrimosa, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Muse, Epica, Iron Maiden, Vangelis… Classical: Antonio Vivaldi, Bach, Beethoven

Job: still a student (of architecture and film)

Hobbies: Collecting all sorts of things
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 71 of 233