• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Tales of Tales

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfried

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! Another Shantae fan!!! DSiWare should open up the possibility of a sequel.

Meanwhile, I'm still awaiting the announcement of Space Invaders Extreme 2 for U.S. release, with the added option of turning off the Marvel Vs. Capcom-esq voice announcer.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote
What, no mention of Yu "Shen Mue" Suzuki quitting SEGA? Crying or Very sad
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
Yay! Tales news! I need to get Vesperia (I am waaaaay behind) sometime this summer (with summer job monies), I'll be getting 360 for the obvious reason of having a 360 but not a PS3. The good news is if it is released on PS3 stateside (which I think will happen too), the used price for the 360 version is likely to fall, making it cheaper for me to get. I'll be holding out on PS3 until God of War 3 at the earliest.

Maybe the Wii Tales will be good, but I'm not holding my breath after ToS2.

I hope that they put several Legendia characters in the Tales Vs game, the likelihood of me getting it significantly increases with each Legendia character they announce. Yes, I'm one of the weird people who preferred Legendia over both Symphonia and Abyss. Although those and a bit of the GBA Phantasia port are the only ones I've played so far.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
I remember how the original Silent Hill creeped the hell out of me when I first played it a decade ago, to the point of feeling a little uneasy every time I took control of Harry. I'm glad that they'll be remaking the game; the 3D graphics of that time really look ugly by today's standards.

I find it crazy that Sands of Destruction will be delayed another year. As far as I know, the anime wasn't all that popular among those who watched the fansubs and I don't see any significance to wait for the anime to be licensed before releasing the game.

I've never been a big fan of tri-Ace and VP: Lenneth was the only game I liked from them. But I'll be happy if their new project turns out to be VP: Hrist, though the statue in the background that doesn't seem it relates to Norse mythology doesn't give me any hope of that.

Last edited by Raven Shinobi on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:

Maybe the Wii Tales will be good, but I'm not holding my breath after ToS2.

I hope that they put several Legendia characters in the Tales Vs game, the likelihood of me getting it significantly increases with each Legendia character they announce.

I'm sure Tales of Graces will be better than Dawn of the New World. Dawn of the New World was a spinoff. Graces is the next main game in the series, so it should be the better of the two.

Vs will have at least one Legendia character. The game is going to have 35 characters from 13 games.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:39 am Reply with quote
Yes, another title to finally look forward to when I finally get a Wii! (though I heard about the game and saw the trailer a couple months ago already)

And Todd, it doesn't just look like it, the character design in Tales of Graces is definitely done by Mutsumi Inomata (Who I guess I'll be okay with..). Whatever news source you got your info from didn't deliberately mention it, I guess.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173610
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:28 am Reply with quote
As much I love the idea of Tales of Vesperia going over to the PS3, I'm kinda irked because I already bought it for the 360 soon after it came out. So much for 'exclusive', but then, since I love the Playstation systems my irritation is beaten by my joy. More good games for the PS3, the better. Granted I'd want the updated version, but not willing to shell out another $60 to get it (when I actually get a PS3)...and be forced to start over without all the bonuses from having already completed the game.
Speaking of games I can't get/would be pointless for to, Atlus appears to be spoiling the DS with plenty of games, and a vast majority of them have caught my eye. I wonder when they'll start putting games on the 360/PS3. At least, I don't believe they have yet.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:

Vs will have at least one Legendia character. The game is going to have 35 characters from 13 games.

How on earth could they not at least include Senel, one of the series' only character who actually fights with his fists?

And more Tales news is always epic<3

That really sucks about Sands of Destruction though, I am one of the people who have been excited for that game because it actually looks like a DS RPG worth playing. I've been waiting for it since the anime came out which was sometime last year I believe? I really hope that release date changes.
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:
I wonder when they'll start putting games on the 360/PS3. At least, I don't believe they have yet.

They've published a couple games for the 360 already. There really aren't any PS3 games for them to do right now.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
....yeah heard about this earlier. Yet ANOTHER exclusive (and/or "we will pay you $_____ if you release this on 360 BEFORE PS3") going onto PS3. Kinda makes my 360 purchause even more worthless :/ Oh well, hoping for maybe SOME kind of exclusive (at least I still have Fable 2 in mind, even with the short gameplay and lacking ending I hear about :/)

Quote:
Perhaps Best Buy will carry the Japanese version, as they did with Shonen Jump All-Stars.

0_o Wait, what?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
Another epic win review for Queen's Blade. Is there any medium that this series hasn't covered by now? Games, anime, manga, boardgames, yikes!
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quote
It looks like Cute is voiced by Momoko Saitou – yet another lovely seiyuu succumbs to the dreadful Queen's Blade virus. Oh, regarding your comment on Jan's picture, I'm pretty sure he's a guy since he's apparently voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quote
If Fate/Unlimited Codes is importable meaning where I can understand everything thats going on, read the text in English, and so on then thats an instant import from me. Even though the English dub Geneon used with Fate/Stay Night was a fantastic job I would buy this game with or without that same voice cast because I just want this game and where I can actually know whats going on. Of course if it gets announced for America then well of course I will rather get that version.

I actually remember on that Mainichi Issho or whatever thats called that I downloaded off of the Japanese PSN on my PS3 that they kept mentioning that Badman game. I feel kind of iffy about that game but I do love NIS so I'll buy it anyways.

More Tales of games? Wow I guess I'm lucky I chose PS3 over Xbox 360 because if this trend continues like Eternal Sonata is better on PS3, Tales of Vesperia is better on PS3, and so on I may never need a 360. Tales of VS looks awesome can't wait to play that. Not to sure about Tales of Graces though with the Wii controls but I may pick it up as soon as I buy a Wii.

Queen's Blade and Cross of Venus do look promising as well and I'm sure I'll probably enjoy those. Sunday X Magazine will be an instant import for me.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:36 am Reply with quote
The screwed up thing is that the Queen's Blade game appears to be using the artwork from the official artbook. And no, those pictures of the fairy aren't cum-shots. Apparently she carries around a bottle of creamy white liquid that when dropped is ejaculated suddenly into the air and (unfortunately for her) into her hair.

See whut I did thar?
MetatronM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
The new tri-ace RPG is called End of Eternity. It's being published by Sega.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4