• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Bandai Entertainment and Crunchyroll to Stream Anime Mecha Series Hit Eureka Seven

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
So, now fans can watch both versions here and at Crunchyroll. How generous this can Bandai be? I think they need to expand their Crunchyroll line up by not having just the Kurokami dub (it's good) but the subbed version of Kurokami also.
Sceleris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bandai [...] and [...] Crunchyroll, to stream [...] EUREKA SEVEN [...] to Crunchyroll anime members and fans worldwide starting today

Quote:
This title will be available in subbed and dubbed formats and available in the following territories: USA, Canada, and their respective territories.

Small world, it seems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
flaskis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Sceleris wrote:
Quote:
Bandai [...] and [...] Crunchyroll, to stream [...] EUREKA SEVEN [...] to Crunchyroll anime members and fans worldwide starting today

Quote:
This title will be available in subbed and dubbed formats and available in the following territories: USA, Canada, and their respective territories.

Small world, it seems.

Kind of lol'd Rolling Eyes
Gasero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Sceleris wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Small world, it seems.

Good one. I don't understand why companies tend to ignore the European and Latin American markets. Especially when there is profit to be made.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
Sceleris wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Small world, it seems.

Good one. I don't understand why companies tend to ignore the European and Latin American markets. Especially when there is profit to be made.

Probably a rights issue in terms of jurisdiction and coverage, and not a pure shaft. Bandai Ent. only covers the territories given. Also, to address the first post, E7 is the group's first show on CR; Kurokami was posted by Sunrise.

Astute observation up above, though. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote
Worldwide means that when you look at all the locations, it spans the world. Internationally usually means between 2 or 3 different countries or when your referring to a piticular market even if it was release in more countries besides that market. Neither means "everywhere" in the world.

And yes, it all boils down to rights again. Anime unfortunately has its stream restrictions. Go complain to your network and internet providers or rights holders. Or go buy more DVDs to show that there is a market out there.

And wow, the E7 movie is available in my local theater. Do I support it for the hell of it?..... hmm...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote
Does the US and Canada have respective territories? Maybe by "worldwide", they mean the world Terry Pratchet invented. That Crunchy roll blurb made my want to laugh, and gag, at the same time. That company will always be a paradox of the legal and business world to me. As for rights issues, go complain to the original rights holders who still can't get over themselves. Rolling Eyes
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I really wish the copyright holders would solve these seemingly pointless "rights issues" and "region locks".
LKK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Does the US and Canada have respective territories?

I can't speak for Canada, but, yes, the USA has territories:

* American Samoa
* Federated States of Micronesia
* Guam
* Midway Islands
* Puerto Rica
* U.S. Virgin Islands
(Source)

Whether Crunchyroll is accessible in those areas, I can't say.
Sceleris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I didn't mean to make it another pointless "they should license it where I live" discussion, just pointing out the humorous/tiresome disconnect between common language and "PR Speak". That "worldwide" statement may be true on a technicality (yes, if your country has a few bits and pieces here and there, your country is "worldwide"), but in "people speak" it does imply that several distant countries are being involved.

In short, they should be more honest. Wouldn't be so hard to just say "Bandai [...] and [...] Crunchyroll, to stream [...] EUREKA SEVEN [...] to Crunchyroll anime members and fans in North America starting today", would it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1