• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2009 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Honey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Summer it's great to be able to read you again. I miss AnimeInsider and your contributions to it. Happy to see that you have landed on your feet. Write On!
Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how long it will take until we get a string of people agreeing that this season sucks? It's as inevitable as reviewers making fun of Queens Blade.

Ah I kid, I really like these preview guides. I normally end up checking most of them out myself anyway but it's always interesting to hear your take on the shows.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Queen's blade sucks, but it's still interesting to watch. Maybe because of all the fanservice and nudity(and interesting characters? or sexy should I say, not all of them obviously).
Asura Cryin' sucks and it's not that interesting to watch, besides I hate the protagonist and his stupid hairstyle. But I'll give it an opportunity, since I already spent time watching the first season.

A lot more reviews to come... so far no good news.

Last edited by egoist on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Hey, a new reviewer? Nice Smile We need some counterbalance to Kimlinger ridiculing everything he doesn't like. Go, Mullins!
Pandadice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
lol, only sequels so far.

i'm surprised i made it through the first episode of QB, because i really didn't like it.. and i couldn't watch past episode 3 of Asura Cryin. that's like the Michael Bay of anime series.. so yeah, couldn't finish the first seasons and have no intention of watching either sequel :\.

actually, for a season that's about 25% sequels, the only one i'm gonna be watching is White Album 2. and i'm not even really expecting much from it <.<
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote
That's quite a strict taste you got there... to think you wouldn't list Darker Than Black 2...
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Queen's Blade and Asura Cryin' 2 may be crap but it's crap I enjoy. These are those type of anime that are acquired taste to certain anime fans. Being a fan of ecchi anime, they aren't necessarily an acquired taste for me.
Pandadice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
That's quite a strict taste you got there... to think you wouldn't list Darker Than Black 2...

you know, i really didn't enjoy season 1 enough to feel like picking up the sequel. so i'm gonna be passing on it unless i hear season two is like 10x better than the first :\
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if I'll be keeping up with anything this season.

In the preview guides I've seen, there aren't any moé slice-of-life comedies about the day-to-day lives of girls in a high school club that needs two more members to be recognized by the student council, nor are there any moé slice-of-life comedies about the day-to-day lives of orphan sisters or other girls with no apparent parental supervision doing cute things in cute ways.

I guess I'll just rewatch all of Minami-ke and K-On! again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
but seriously, the folks at ARMS are going to have to do better than that if they want to keep their core audience satisfied.

They're way ahead of you, episode 2 was amazing and it's gearing up to be pretty badass. The ending was fantastic too. I'm pretty sure the core fans don't really care about these petty things like plot or character developement. The core fans are here for the tits and ass.

Quote:
It may continue to be trashy, but it is fun trash which serves its intended purpose well.

Exactly. Most nudity-fanservice oriented anime tend to skimp on the actual goods, and focus on stupid plots that are shallow, predictable, and go nowhere, usually with completely frustrating endings. Queen's Blade is very prompt in what it offers, and it doesn't disappoint. Not to mention, the art and animation are fairly decent for the type of show it is. It's sad that so many people right it off because they think all anime must be mature and serious ventures for mature people, such as themselves.

At least it doesn't end up with girls keeping just enough clothing on to cover the vital parts. That's just cheap.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, the main shows I'm looking forward to are the Kiddy Grade sequel, the Koihime Musou sequel, and the Sekirei sequel (if it is indeed airing this season that is...). Yeah, its lookin' like a seaon of sequels, but that could be a good thing... hopefully.

I couldn't care less about these first two; Asura Cryin's first season lost my interest around the 4th or 5th episode, and Queen's Blade, though I tend to like fanservicey shows, just never appealed to me.

That reminds me; I should rewatch the first season of Koihime before the new one starts. Here's hoping for more Sei awesomeness Very Happy !
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Summer! I miss Anime Insider, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your reviews. Smile
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
We need some counterbalance to Kimlinger ridiculing everything he doesn't like.

BREAKING: People speak ill of things that they hate! Story at 11!

I hate these preview guides because I have work to do and instead I spend all day refreshing the page to see if someone's reviewed something I'm interested in yet. IT'S ADDICTIVE.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I kinda anticipated this fall's preview guide.

There's quite a lot of shows I want to check out ( which is rare for me each season ) Can't wait for more previews ( not really caring for Queen's Blade & Asura Cryin 2 atm )
Wellness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
Well, the main shows I'm looking forward to are the Kiddy Grade sequel, the Koihime Musou sequel, and the Sekirei sequel (if it is indeed airing this season that is...). Yeah, its lookin' like a seaon of sequels, but that could be a good thing... hopefully.

I couldn't care less about these first two; Asura Cryin's first season lost my interest around the 4th or 5th episode, and Queen's Blade, though I tend to like fanservicey shows, just never appealed to me.

That reminds me; I should rewatch the first season of Koihime before the new one starts. Here's hoping for more Sei awesomeness Very Happy !

The new Koihime Musou show is also the only one I am interested in, Although I hear it isn't a sequel so much a more direct adaptation of the original game, it was based off of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 22