• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Vampire Bund, Baka & Test, 009-1, Last Exile

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Espeon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote
Baka & test was cool, didn't bother with Vampire (mainly cause i like my anime uncut) No need to flame.
Lucky I was able to get in befor they lock it out from aussie's.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote
I'm interested in the fact that CR will no longer be streaming Last Exile but Funi will be. That's a good step, showing the companies that streaming does need to be permanent and could make them more willing to stream new releases in the future. Or this could be a fluke, a one time thing and we'll be making no headway at all to defeat fansubs, guess there's nothing to do but keep watching.
Ariolander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:27 am Reply with quote
I am plesantly suprised by these annoucements. Vampire Bund is one of the last titles I expected licenced between the odd approach SHAFT had to the series and a certain DFC vampire.

That being said I the backlash on the possible censoring of the stream is a bit overboard. I commend FUNi for licencing these shows and as long as my DVD/BD releases remain untouched I am willing to put up with a few edits made to appease advertizers.

If the series is good and the DVD release untouched all is well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1