• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DBZ Kai Give-Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quote
That last question on the survey really tripped me up since I've never had an order of favorites beyond my top 3.

I'd really love to win this since I've been enjoying it on TV lately. It makes me remember when I first started watching anime.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Between the cut material, the new dub (voices and terms), and the new OP, I've lost a ton of interest in DBK. I don't even watch it between the Avatar sandwich it's in and watch Spongebob from 8-8:30.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
outlaw55

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I've wanted this, but it's gone on the back burner for me purchase wise until the Dragon Box releases are done.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I've actually been enjoying the new dubs more then I thought I would which surprised me since I didn't care too much for the fansubs. Weird.

And yeah, for the last question, I gave more then 4 and wasn't really sure personally what ranked where. I just listed a few of my favorites.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Between the cut material, the new dub (voices and terms), and the new OP, I've lost a ton of interest in DBK.

You mean the much, much better English dub than DBZ's? The one with the better script and great replacement voices where it applies?

Hell, that's one of the only reasons I'm even still interested in DB(Z) Kai, aside from the commitment I made to review each episode on my blog. Well, that, and it does provide an easy route through the longer story arcs.

The Dragon Boxes are the highest priority right now, which is why I'm entering the contest instead of purchasing it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Capella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I was going to purchase this on Blu-ray at some point this summer but I wouldn't mind winning it on DVD.

I've watched a few episodes of the new dub and I personally think it's a big improvement over the other dub. I don't miss the corny jokes they threw in the script or complete edits of some lines at all.
-kf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I have no interest in DBZ, it would be nice if we could complete the survey without needing to enter the contest.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
♫ Lalalala.... entered. ♫

Though, I took the opportunity to express some requests via the survey, so even if I don't win the series, I still win.
Very Happy
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Though, I took the opportunity to express some requests via the survey, so even if I don't win the series, I still win.
Very Happy

Same here, put Cardcaptor Sakura on top of my favorite anime list (which is true), probably should've just put all unlicensed anime that I want there to see if that helped.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Very Happy

Same here, put Cardcaptor Sakura on top of my favorite anime list (which is true), probably should've just put all unlicensed anime that I want there to see if that helped.

It would be pretty sweet if that worked. Considering my number 2 show was R.O.D the TV which they skipped when they license rescued from Geneon and my number 3 was Hellsing Ultimate which they haven't said one word about since they helped out Geneon with volume 4, and Japan released volume 7, I just hope they take a serious look at that particular question. I already own ROD, but it just seems like of all the Geneon stuff they did pick up, skipping that was a mistake. However, I really hope they notice Hellsing, that one is just a no-brainer.
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm always up for free anime! And this contest couldn't be simpler.

I forgot to mention I prefer the original Dragonball but the Remastered version of this looks great. Especially the first few seasons compared to the original. I just hope Funi does this more to some of their classics they have.

Last edited by jsc315 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Entered the contest. Good luck to ya'll! Anime smile
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh Touch, so sad that you will never be licensed... Maybe I'll be able to console myself with Cross Game.

I'm actually a little wary about entering this because if I watch DBZ Kai and like it, I might find myself buying a lot more DB material...
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Very Happy

It would be pretty sweet if that worked. Considering my number 2 show was R.O.D the TV which they skipped when they license rescued from Geneon and my number 3 was Hellsing Ultimate which they haven't said one word about since they helped out Geneon with volume 4, and Japan released volume 7, I just hope they take a serious look at that particular question. I already own ROD, but it just seems like of all the Geneon stuff they did pick up, skipping that was a mistake. However, I really hope they notice Hellsing, that one is just a no-brainer.

Well, since the last time they had a survey like this I think a lot of people said they wanted to see CCS licensed so I'm hoping that if we keep at it someone will notice (or even get a statement that it's not possible, honestly I'd settle for that too just so we could know).
Ranma87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I entered just for the heck of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2