• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodocha, Honey Bitter Get Crossover Manga in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quote
Honey Bitter sounds like an interesting series. Surprised Viz hasn't licensed it yet.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote
We get to see some grown-up Sana? This will definantly be on my import list since it's extremely unlikely Tokyopop or anyone will be bringing this over, especially since no one ever brought over that manga about Sana's little movie.

I've got all the Kodocha manga, so this will be a cute little treat for me. My fingers will be cross in hopes of seeing a glimpse of an older Akito.
ForneverWorld

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I love kodocha so this is going to be an interesting one to say the least. I think a second Kodocha anime would be more successful than the first if they were a little bit older (possibly in high school).
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote
ForneverWorld wrote:
I think a second Kodocha anime would be more successful than the first if they were a little bit older (possibly in high school).

Kodocha was very popular in Japan when it aired. The purpose of the Kodocha story is a coming-of-age story dealing with children and especially heavy themes, especially in the last few episodes... the ones that Funimation never put out.
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
O.O ooohhh This will be interesting! I loved Kodocha!
Hisaca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
I didn't realize Honey Bitter was by the same author as Kodocha. Makes me want to read it even more now. I think this could be a nice crossover if they have Sana and Akito grown up some.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
ForneverWorld wrote:
I think a second Kodocha anime would be more successful than the first if they were a little bit older (possibly in high school).

Kodocha was very popular in Japan when it aired. The purpose of the Kodocha story is a coming-of-age story dealing with children and especially heavy themes, especially in the last few episodes... the ones that Funimation never put out.

which was kinda dumb if you asked me. Dont know why they never licensed the other season for kodocha cause I like it's dub especially since i have gotten used to LB's take as Sana. Was really scratching my head while was reading the review for DVD 12. kinda though they were bitting the dust like geneon at that time cause it happened to them while doing Black Lagoon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I saw on the FUNimation forums that Kodocha just didn't sell well enough to warrant picking up the second season.

It's very annoying, I know.

How many of Miho Obana's series are even licensed here in the US? Just Kodocha? =(
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quote
Awesome, more Sana-chan! I expect adult age Sana to be as crazy as child Sana.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
I saw on the FUNimation forums that Kodocha just didn't sell well enough to warrant picking up the second season.

True, many of us found it annoying, but I was holding out for a boxset meaning I didn't buy the singles so I can't really complain. It seems funimation is going to give it a try again with a boxset, so lo and behold, Season 2 for North America.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
This is "season 2" as in episodes 25-51 or the second quarter of the series as a whole. They still do not have the second half.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:

True, many of us found it annoying, but I was holding out for a boxset meaning I didn't buy the singles so I can't really complain. It seems funimation is going to give it a try again with a boxset, so lo and behold, Season 2 for North America.

Same here. I really really hope they do license season 2 eventually cause if the kodocha license ends up the same way like what they did to Hell Girl ( Getting licensed by sentai which means auto sub-only release or another of those sub only co like Nozumi & media blasters)

I AM GONNA BE THOROUGHLY AND MIGHTLY PISSED!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1