• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Hints at Amnesia Labyrinth Manga License

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarmel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am Reply with quote
So this is what he's been doing instead of finishing the novels he's started on?
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote
Sounds like an interesting series! And it's not very long yet, so it'll be a safe buy if Seven Seas goes under.
t3nshitomoda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote
I know you're a news website... but you could've left the headline with a spoilers alert (lol) [was trying to figure it out just a minute ago as well]
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:10 am Reply with quote
I'd be very pleased if Seven Seas licensed this. I've been wanting to see more of Nagaru Tanigawa's works translated.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote
t3nshitomoda wrote:
I know you're a news website... but you could've left the headline with a spoilers alert (lol) [was trying to figure it out just a minute ago as well]
...So they're not supposed to post the title of the manga in question unless they have a spoiler tag or have be in white for highlighting because of the few people that are trying to solve the riddle compared to the majority that just skim the news page and go "Oh, cool!"? That just seems...weird, I'll go with.

Anyway, this kinda seems interesting so I may give it a read. I'm not much into murder mysteries, but meh, sometimes I need to broaden my horizons. Anime hyper
Redlinks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote
This looks pretty good. But what I really want is for more of the novels to be translasted. I've been waiting about 2 years for Pita-Ten novel vol.3. Glad to know that they're still alive at least And I hope that if they do license it, that they won't end up dropping the series later on.
population_tire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
This looks pretty good. But what I really want is for more of the novels to be translasted. I've been waiting about 2 years for Pita-Ten novel vol.3. Glad to know that they're still alive at least And I hope that if they do license it, that they won't end up dropping the series later on.

You'll be waiting the rest of your life then.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
Seems like it can be a good one but its going to be a long wait they need to step up there releases here
Juhachi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
First Toradora! and now this. Seems like they're picking titles which they can almost guarantee will sell, which makes sense considering their current state. I'm not really keeping my hopes up for Aoi Hana. Sad
adam_omega

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
We have every intention of picking up titles that will sell. That's our job! Anyway, have no fear, Seven Seas is quite healthy and stable. We have a robust publishing schedule for 2011-2012, and beyond, and sales and distribution have been better for us than ever. So definitely get set for more exciting licensing announcements in the near future.

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/
population_tire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
adam_omega wrote:
We have every intention of picking up titles that will sell. That's our job! Anyway, have no fear, Seven Seas is quite healthy and stable. We have a robust publishing schedule for 2011-2012, and beyond, and sales and distribution have been better for us than ever. So definitely get set for more exciting licensing announcements in the near future.

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/

The do more Boogiepop
adam_omega

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:

The do more Boogiepop

Unless Japan comes out with a new anime series (Phantom is ten years old now), Boogiepop is pretty much a dead franchise in North America, sadly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1