• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokemon BW, Motto To Love-Ru, Yozakura Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
The Yozakura trailer looks really good.

In the other hand, it's such a shame Atsushi Ootsuki is directing the new season of To Love-Ru. I wasn't a big fan of the original show, but at least it had some potential. But now this guy will probably turn it to smut like the rest of his shows.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote
As long this ToLoveRu sequel follows the manga, things are going to be ju~~st fine! Wink

for Yozakura ... strange choice to not use the same character design used for the original TV series (and Durarara). This feels more like K-ON Mad . Himeee !! Crying or Very sad
darksharingan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I think they should hurry up and reboot the Pokemon series because the story has been going for far too long for anyone to really give a damn about, we're pretty sure BW is not gonna end the series, it's gonna end on a cliffhanger and then whatever new game is made by that time will be adapted into a new series to continue it.

Or at the very least, why not remake the entire series into a faster-paced story like when DBZ became DBZ Kai? Filter out all the crap like the entire Master Quest arc and maybe that would boost some interest because there are just too many episodes for newcomers to get started on.

Last edited by darksharingan on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
fuzaco

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Pokemon is a show where you can just join in the fun everytime you want. You don't have to watch the previous episodes, you will understand what's going on rigth away. It'd be meaningless to do a reboot.

About the Yozakura trailer... I can't say I like it, but we'll see. The character designs are strange (though I didn't like the series' either, the manga looks much better), but as long as they follow the manga (what the tv series couldn't do), it'll be fine.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
fuzaco wrote:
Pokemon is a show where you can just join in the fun everytime you want. You don't have to watch the previous episodes, you will understand what's going on rigth away. It'd be meaningless to do a reboot.

About the Yozakura trailer... I can't say I like it, but we'll see. The character designs are strange (though I didn't like the series' either, the manga looks much better), but as long as they follow the manga (what the tv series couldn't do), it'll be fine.

Well if they did an anime based on the Adventures manga, most people annoyed with the Pokemon anime may stop complaining as it is the superior story...but I'm fine with the anime. Diamond and Pearl actually was a pretty interesting arc and had some memorable rivals, and was much better written than Pokemon Advanced. Black and White should be interesting since Brock is permanently leaving the cast, and the new characters seem to be interesting enough to bring in some fresh blood...
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh good, according to the press release Dramafever.com also releases shows on Hulu, so it looks like there won't be an interruption there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Very much looking forward to the new Yozakura. And I hope the OAD will get licensed. This is what it should have been in the first place. Love the manga, cant wait for this.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
I think they should hurry up and reboot the Pokemon series because the story has been going for far too long for anyone to really give a damn about, we're pretty sure BW is not gonna end the series, it's gonna end on a cliffhanger and then whatever new game is made by that time will be adapted into a new series to continue it.

Or at the very least, why not remake the entire series into a faster-paced story like when DBZ became DBZ Kai? Filter out all the crap like the entire Master Quest arc and maybe that would boost some interest because there are just too many episodes for newcomers to get started on.

If it makes you feel better, that's what the games are doing. They're starting over the route numbers, isolating Isshu (the new region) from the other four regions, and giving us about 150 new and unique Pokemon so it's like Red/Blue/Yellow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
naruto646806

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
Give us a better ending then the manga did for To Love-Ru!! Anime hyper...and Yozakura..no doubt this is gonna be awesome enough said. This new Pokemon series...is a disappointment in my opinion, well it looks like one.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
darksharingan wrote:

If it makes you feel better, that's what the games are doing. They're starting over the route numbers, isolating Isshu (the new region) from the other four regions, and giving us about 150 new and unique Pokemon so it's like Red/Blue/Yellow.

well if that is the case i am definitely looking into the new series and the new game.

Then again anything involved in pokemon i am already sold since i am alredy a mega pokemaniac. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 am Reply with quote
Great it seems Ash won't even be in the next Pokemon. He's supposed to be the main character, it's been that way for over 10 years. I wonder how many people in Japan are complaining about Ash (Satoshi) not being the main character from the looks of things. Confused
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 am Reply with quote
Ash is still going to be the main character, they're just introducing the two characters that are replacing Dawn and Brock.

jr0904 wrote:
well if that is the case i am definitely looking into the new series and the new game.

Then again anything involved in pokemon i am already sold since i am alredy a mega pokemaniac.

Here's a thread from another site that has all the new information that's been revealed. Note: If you don't want the game to be spoiled for you, you should probably stay away.
superunature

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote
lololol motto to love-ru looks like its going to follow the manga this time, and looks as ecchi as ever xD
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I feel that Yasuda's designs came across a lot better in the original Yozakura anime, in that when I first saw Durarara I instantly knew they shared a character designer but I'm not sure I would have made the same connection with this version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1