• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takehiko Inoue Delays Vagabond Manga's Return & Finale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I hope Inoue-sensei's health problems aren't too serious. Anime dazed I don't think I could take it if another brilliant star of the anime/manga world passed away so soon after Satoshi Kon...
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
DarkCyradis wrote:
I hope Inoue-sensei's health problems aren't too serious. Anime dazed I don't think I could take it if another brilliant star of the anime/manga world passed away so soon after Satoshi Kon...
Same. I would be extremely disappointed if something happened to him. He did make the brilliant, funny series, Slam Dunk.
ChaseWind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Give all my best wishes to Takehiko Inoue.
gartholamundi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote
DarkCyradis wrote:

Absolutely. I love Inoue's art and his sense of drama. I hope he's feeling better, and am glad to hear he's resting and is staying strong on the subject of healing at a pace which feels right to him (even if we fans have to wait longer to experience his next visionary work).

I hope his positive prognosis means Viz will be putting out more REAL, too. That one is in my top-5 favorite manga and I pick up every issue. Volume 8 came out in April, and Vol. 9 isn't set to be released in the states until November. When I got into this thing I didn't realize it would be bi-annual. It's an excruciating wait. I can see how people grow out of manga altogether while waiting for even a short series like this to get released, which becomes an evil Ouroborus eating its own tail. (It seems strange and somewhat foreboding that Amazon has a graphic of the cover and the Viz website doesn't. I really hope they keep publishing this thing, it's so good.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1