• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Phantasy Star Online 2 to Be Available on iOS/Android

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
heck yes I'm down
Bastille

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
Never thought I'd be asking for separation of platforms before...

Good to see we have a beta on our end finally though.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote
This is pretty cool, I f*cking love Phantasy Star Online(it's probably my favourite rpg series ever).
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote
I assume free to play means no subscription, but does it also mean free to download or do you still have to buy it? I also assume this means all of the good items are DLC only? Not sure if I like where the franchise is going. Kinda explains why it still looks like a PS2 game, no wonder they haven't announced a console version yet.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
of course you have to pay for a copy of the game....

I hate sega's online services
I prefer that they charge for the first year or the game will be overrun with hackers again
chronos02

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote
If we have to pay for it, then it's Buy to Play (B2P), like Guild Wars. Free to Play means we can download the game for free and play it for free. I believe the game will be B2P, at least the PSV version will most likely be B2P. Then again, I hope it's B2P on all platforms, I don't want it to become a P2W game based on microtransactions...
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote
Bastille wrote:
Never thought I'd be asking for separation of platforms before...

Android/iOS are not the PC/Vita game. The mobile game will be similar, but players from the Android/iOS version will not be able to play with the PC/Vita players.

chronos02 wrote:
If we have to pay for it, then it's Buy to Play (B2P), like Guild Wars. Free to Play means we can download the game for free and play it for free. I believe the game will be B2P, at least the PSV version will most likely be B2P. Then again, I hope it's B2P on all platforms, I don't want it to become a P2W game based on microtransactions...

Why would you think it would B2P on Vita? Every single Vita game is available on PlayStation Store for download. Heck, SEGA already has a free to play Vita game coming out soon called Samurai & Dragons. It's receiving a budget retail release with a bunch of extras, but you can download it for free from PSN.
chronos02

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Considering you pay 10x more for a memory card for the vita, you actually pay for the game even before you purchase it. Anyway, leaving my stupid argument aside, even for the Vita, I'd like the game to be B2P, microtransactions are one of the worst possible payment systems that have been created, they tend to trash a good game, and end up becoming P2W.
Still, thanks for sharing the information about free games on the Vita.
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
This is about the 4th exciting game I've heard that will be free to play on all systems, which include planet side 2, League of legends, etc. I think we are starting to look at companies that finally get the free-to-play; pay to accessorize / gain XP faster style of games.

I'm ecstatic!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
Why won't they announce this for an English release? >.<
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1