×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Milk Morinaga, Chihiro Miya to Launch New Manga




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 5299
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 am Reply with quote
Man, if I didn't read carefully enough I thought Morinaga is going to do some sort of yuri police story in a steampunk setting. Anime hyper

I wonder if her manga is going to be what Your Under Arrest "should have been." Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fireaxe



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 503
Location: Trois-Rivieres, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
How long was the "new" Kuchibiru Tameiki anyway? I haven't read passed the first chapter yet...
Glad to learn that she's still active, can't wait to read this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:
How long was the "new" Kuchibiru Tameiki anyway? I haven't read passed the first chapter yet...
Glad to learn that she's still active, can't wait to read this!


One volume.

Very cute though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6251
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
fireaxe wrote:
How long was the "new" Kuchibiru Tameiki anyway? I haven't read passed the first chapter yet...
Glad to learn that she's still active, can't wait to read this!


One volume.

Very cute though.


Ah, I had seen that on Amazon.jp and new it was yuri, but didn't realize it was Morinaga Milk. That definitely kicks it up on my priority list (even though I've yet to actually read any of her yuri works).

I'm a little confused though, as there are clearly two volumes. However, both volumes were released on the same day. I'm assuming the first one is a re-release of something she wrote before while the second is the one new volume. Is that correct?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:


Ah, I had seen that on Amazon.jp and new it was yuri, but didn't realize it was Morinaga Milk. That definitely kicks it up on my priority list (even though I've yet to actually read any of her yuri works).


Read Girlfriends!

Quote:
I'm a little confused though, as there are clearly two volumes. However, both volumes were released on the same day. I'm assuming the first one is a re-release of something she wrote before while the second is the one new volume. Is that correct?


Ahhh...I don't know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6251
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:


Ah, I had seen that on Amazon.jp and new it was yuri, but didn't realize it was Morinaga Milk. That definitely kicks it up on my priority list (even though I've yet to actually read any of her yuri works).


Read Girlfriends!


Oh, I will. I'm all but legally required to. I've always intended to, I just didn't feel like trying to keep up with it as it released and, uh, apparently never realized it had actually finished until right before the U.S. release was announced. For some reason I thought it ended recently, but apparently the last volume came out in 2010. Ummmmm. Oops.

I figure I might as well wait on the U.S. release at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 5299
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:


I'm a little confused though, as there are clearly two volumes. However, both volumes were released on the same day. I'm assuming the first one is a re-release of something she wrote before while the second is the one new volume. Is that correct?


For the most part yeah plus it includes extra chapters she did for Yuri Hime that hasn't been compiled in a tankobon before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fireaxe



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 503
Location: Trois-Rivieres, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:


I'm a little confused though, as there are clearly two volumes. However, both volumes were released on the same day. I'm assuming the first one is a re-release of something she wrote before while the second is the one new volume. Is that correct?


For the most part yeah plus it includes extra chapters she did for Yuri Hime that hasn't been compiled in a tankobon before.

Is it a reissue of the original Kuchibiru Tameiki one-shot (which I already own, hence why I'm asking), or just a compilation of all 4 original chapters of the Nana X Hitomi arc? Anyhow, now I know that I have some reading to do.... thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 14259
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

Gakuen Poriiche (School Police)


Police Academy Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
infiltration.cru



Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Posts: 321
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
did somebody just say steampunk?
i like!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Murder, She wrote:

Gakuen Poriiche (School Police)


Police Academy Laughing


YUA done right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group