• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: .hack//Versus' Sora & Haseo Gameplay Videos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Might import just for this...

Considering .hack is pretty much dead here in America, that seems like my only choice now.
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Ugg, still no mention of Kite and Blackrose being in the game or not. Well even if they are and Namco Bandai hasn't said anything yet, I hope they play important roles like Haseo and co. Don't think it would be very fair since they were the first game MCs and if this is the last game then seriously, WTF?

Anyway game looks great, it's got some Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm elements in it so that's nice and the graphics rock too. Hope the movie and game come out to the US soon because I can't wait to play this.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Kouta6769 wrote:

Anyway game looks great, it's got some Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm elements in it so that's nice and the graphics rock too. Hope the movie and game come out to the US soon because I can't wait to play this.

Not gonna happen.

The Japanese creators of .hack made an announcement a while ago saying that there is no US support for .hack games in America. Namco Bandai also refuses to say anything on the matter, but from what I seen with how the games are handled here, it's safe to assume .hack is dead in America.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Kouta6769 wrote:
Ugg, still no mention of Kite and Blackrose being in the game or not. Well even if they are and Namco Bandai hasn't said anything yet, I hope they play important roles like Haseo and co. Don't think it would be very fair since they were the first game MCs and if this is the last game then seriously, WTF?

Actually, Famitsu confirmed yesterday (in a leak, with corresponding images) that Kite and BlackRose, along with Tokio (*spoiler* He's the mysterious "9" character, a pun on his own name. *end spoiler*) are to be playable. There will also be a visual feature that allows you to collect different kinds of weapons which you can use to customize your character's looks. The weapons are only eye-candy differences, though, as they do nothing to the gameplay itself. They aren't treating the game as a full-fledged game, so don't expect too much from it.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:

Not gonna happen.

The Japanese creators of .hack made an announcement a while ago saying that there is no US support for .hack games in America. Namco Bandai also refuses to say anything on the matter, but from what I seen with how the games are handled here, it's safe to assume .hack is dead in America.

Wrong.

Quote:
Strong words came out of CC2 President Hiroshi Matsuyama today at Wondercon - reported by Joystiq. In regards to the upcoming .hack title specifically for a U.S. localization Matsuyama exclaims: "as long as we can get more requests from the fans, there's a possibility." "It's not that people don't know about it," he said. "But I think it's more than Namco Bandai Games America is not interested in the typical JRPGs and that's why they're not looking to pick it up."

Source

So it isn't the fanbases' fault, rather, NBGA's and the lack of willingness to take risks.

ON-TOPIC: This looks awesome. I might have order the movie because it actually looks genuinely interesting. To be particular, I'm interested as to how Sora has Balmung and Orca in his/her moves.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this looks great. Namco Bandai, pleaaaase get this.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
So it isn't the fanbases' fault, rather, NBGA's and the lack of willingness to take risks.

ON-TOPIC: This looks awesome. I might have order the movie because it actually looks genuinely interesting. To be particular, I'm interested as to how Sora has Balmung and Orca in his/her moves.

It's that, too, but... the .hack//G.U. games didn't sell as well as they had hoped in America. And I believe a response from Bandai Namco America to dothackers.net said something about that, but I'd have to go back and check. I believe dothackers.net still has the .hack//Link campaign for North America, if anyone is interested.

Hmm. I wonder if this is actually a different case. I could see them just releasing the movie rather than making the one-disc, movie-game feature they're doing for the Japanese release, but considering these are a part of the same release, it might not be a stretch to say they would be willing to localize the game for North America. Especially if it doesn't have a lot of story in it and doesn't need much editing (translation is pretty cheap, but modifying the game for a localized version is more expensive). The licensing fee might not be that big for such a small game.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Now if we can only have an HD collection of the PS2 games, that would be a nice set to have.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:

Not gonna happen.

Wrong.

Quote:
Strong words came out of CC2 President Hiroshi Matsuyama today at Wondercon - reported by Joystiq. In regards to the upcoming .hack title specifically for a U.S. localization Matsuyama exclaims: "as long as we can get more requests from the fans, there's a possibility." "It's not that people don't know about it," he said. "But I think it's more than Namco Bandai Games America is not interested in the typical JRPGs and that's why they're not looking to pick it up."

Source

Um that's basically what I said. "No support/no interest" is basically the same thing. Please learn to read through the lines.

Namco Bandai doesn't want to support most of their games outside Japan. If they did, they would have advertised their stuff more and localized more.

All they're really interested in is Soul Calibur and Naruto.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:

Um that's basically what I said. "No support/no interest" is basically the same thing. Please learn to read through the lines.

What I got from what you said was that there was no fanbase in North America. So, my bad I guess.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am Reply with quote
WANT
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1