• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Entertainment Updates on Podcast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
How did Japan get itself in the scenario where it's even more costly there for DVDs and Blurays than it is here in the UK anyway? Heck why does it (usually) cost more here than in the US for stuff? I remember when the first series/season 27 was released at £45 or so for 13 45min episodes and it seemed really pricey but it's was about the same price for a season of Buffy when the boxsets came out first time over here too.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
One reason could be that they're also paying for the time slots the show was shown in i mean filler is proof it's more cost effective to produce content than to replay the series so far. Cause more people would watch new content thus adding value to the advertising space.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
Oh come on! I even preordered Madoka on BD! And I want Fullmetal Alchemist on BD too and they cancelled that partway through Rolling Eyes it's good that they're trying but I can't really get my hopes up at this stage. Well, at least they haven't cancelled the Journey to Agartha BD release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1