• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter x Hunter Film's 2nd Poster Visual, Story Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clarste

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
It's hard to imagine how they can fit this into the continuity. I don't recall there being any opening for something like this to happen.
eurotrip1986

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
New Hunter x Hunter anime series is horrendous. How long before they start showing filler as well? LOL. The voice actor for Gon makes me want to watch D.Gray-Man (i.e. Allen Walker's voice actor was like listening to a cat/dog mate lollllll).
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
This almost feels like a "what if?" variation on the Yorkshin City Arc. Which is something I'd be fine with, actually.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Shame.
I thought this would be more of a prequel and back story about Kurapika and his clan.
Seems more like your typical 'filler' movie plot.
Not that I'm complaining though. A Hunter x Hunter movie is more than welcome, and at least with this plot, you have all the main characters involved.

@ eurotrip1986
Don't agree with you there.
I think it's already by far better than the original adaption, although I still think each can standalone quite well rather than this overriding the existence of the original.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Huh, and here I thought they were going to do a prequel that focuses the story on Kurapika's concluding with his clan's spoiler[massacre] and Kurapika vowing revenge.

As for comparing new and old anime series....on one hand, the old anime definitely wins when it comes to music and theme songs, but the new one has slightly better voice acting and animation on it's side...due to being much newer.

Sad that the new anime is still stuck with it's first OP theme. Don't care too much for it...atleast it's new ED theme is pretty decent.
N.R.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Clarste wrote:
It's hard to imagine how they can fit this into the continuity. I don't recall there being any opening for something like this to happen.

This^

eurotrip1986 wrote:
New Hunter x Hunter anime series is horrendous. How long before they start showing filler as well?

I agree that the new anime isn't as good as the older one, but that because it treads on nostalgic grounds. Once the new anime reaches new arcs that weren't animated yet even those that don't like the anime now will watch it because it will be a definitive new hunter x hunter animation, not just an HD version of old episodes.
As for showing fillers even the old series, which was released in an era when fillers were an infectious disease, didn't have much fillers so I doubt a series with so much content to cover will need any for the year to come. The old HunterxHunter anime ended because they didn't want to do the filler game. That's why they continued with OVAs, which were basically new seasons.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah no. The new anime is miles better the old one,lets just get this out off the away now. And before you ask yes i have watched the older one,and still think this one has more substance.

Now about the movie, was hoping it would be original like others here,but ill take any movie than none. Considering that in the 14 years it has been around it has only had one (this one)
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah no. The new anime is miles better the old one,lets just get this out off the away now. And before you ask yes i have watched the older one,and still think this one has more substance.

Now about the movie, was hoping it would be original like others here,but ill take any movie than none. Considering that in the 14 years it has been around it has only had one (this one)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1