• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eureka Seven 1-8 - Streaming free on ANN!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Thank god I can finally watch E7 legally. With luck ANN can get the whole series.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Did I mention I love you guys? I'm waiting to make sure that all the DVD sets are coming out before I buy them so this is good.
D Dubbs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Did I mention I love you guys? I'm waiting to make sure that all the DVD sets are coming out before I buy them so this is good.

All the DVD singles are out already...and have been for over a year. The Complete Collection from Bandai will be finished very shortly as well (1st part was released on June 16th, 2nd part will be released on July 21st).
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow, and just yesterday I was thinking, "Bandai's got its hit series Code Geass on YouTube, I wonder if Eureka 7 is streaming legally too, because I'd sure like to see it without digging up the fansubs I burned to DVD-R awhile ago."
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Now if Studio Bones would just let someone legally, other than on the PS3 section of the PSN, Xam'd: Lost Memories/Bounen no Xamdou(I don't own a PS3 but paying $4 to just rent and not download to own seems cheesy to me). Bandai has Bebop, Eureka, and Wolf's Rain whileas Funimation has Soul Eater, both Alchemist series, and Ouran. Someone that works in the anime industry please get Xam'd on ANN. I love ANN and Xamdou would increase my respect for this awesome website even more.
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
You would think that the editors for this website would properly label their news reports.

1-8? What the frack is 1-8? I think someone at ANN needs to be doing their job and properly label their news story. What is 1-8? A new anime series? I've never heard of it.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
You would think that the editors for this website would properly label their news reports.

1-8? What the frack is 1-8? I think someone at ANN needs to be doing their job and properly label their news story. What is 1-8? A new anime series? I've never heard of it.

Ummm ... this obviously means episodes 1-8 and EVERYONE will understand that. They were probably just saving space ... why nitpick over nothing? Do you feel special now? lol
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
This is a title that I'd be interested in watching were it not for the length of the series- I have Macross to watch, and I know it'll be a slog considering its 36-episode length.
To those able to watch this streamed: Does this show manage to show off its relative strengths in its early episodes, or would I have to wait a while for the goods to be delivered?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
D Dubbs wrote:
zanarkand princess wrote:

All the DVD singles are out already...and have been for over a year. The Complete Collection from Bandai will be finished very shortly as well (1st part was released on June 16th, 2nd part will be released on July 21st).

Yes and I don't want to deal with a last minute cancellation. There's no way I'm buying all of those singles, even if they are often on sae they just take up too much space.
icepick314

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Japan recently released the series on blu-ray...

wonder if there's any chance of that happening along with Code Geass in US?

probably not...

but i can dream....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
Japan recently released the series on blu-ray...

wonder if there's any chance of that happening along with Code Geass in US?

probably not...

but i can dream....

It works in Japan because most otaku tend to be very technically inclined too, early adopters of new things like BluRay. While in America, it's only slowly starting to become more widespread, but it's still very expensive. I'd say it'd be a better venture for all these companies to try and release the various movies on BluRay first, since their budgets and overall prices will be a better value than taking something like a lower budget TV series and putting it on BD. I'd say most TV series probably have a limit of 720p before the further upscaling becomes pointless because there's no more detail to bring out.
D Dubbs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
To those able to watch this streamed: Does this show manage to show off its relative strengths in its early episodes, or would I have to wait a while for the goods to be delivered?

Depends on the person. A lot of people think that the series doesn't get good until 20 episodes in, but others like myself enjoyed all 50 episodes thoroughly. To put it simply, the first part of the series is character building and plot foreshadowing, while the second half of the series deals with the main plot in a straightforward manner.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
D Dubbs wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

Depends on the person. A lot of people think that the series doesn't get good until 20 episodes in, but others like myself enjoyed all 50 episodes thoroughly. To put it simply, the first part of the series is character building and plot foreshadowing, while the second half of the series deals with the main plot in a straightforward manner.

I first started watching the series when it aired on Adult Swim, and after a few episodes... I didn't really like it much at all. Didn't really hate it, it was just ok for me.

I continued watching it, though, and started to like it more and more. I'd say around episode 8 or 9 is when it really started to grow on me. Then I got totally hooked, especially when I watched some of it subbed, and it is now one of my favorite series of all time.

Here's the odd thing though: when I re-watch the show, I love it right from the start now, and have little idea why I didn't like it at first. I know I'm not a huge fan of the dub, especially early on, but the dub alone can't account for the initial "meh" reaction I had to the show. It's very strange.

One thing I will say to any person just starting out on the show: spoiler[Eureka's] "kids" aren't nearly as annoying as you expect them to be, at least as the series goes on further. (you'll know what I'm talking about by the third episode.)
boznia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
I first started watching the series when it aired on Adult Swim, and after a few episodes... I didn't really like it much at all. Didn't really hate it, it was just ok for me.

I continued watching it, though, and started to like it more and more. I'd say around episode 8 or 9 is when it really started to grow on me.

Here's the odd thing though: when I re-watch the show, I love it right from the start now, and have little idea why I didn't like it at first.
These statements pretty much mirror my own experience watching Eureka Seven. I hung around mainly because I'm a sucker for mechs, and then somewhere around episode 10 or so I really started to get interested in the series. Watching those early episodes after finishing the series, I don't know why I was so lukewarm towards the show. I guess knowing what happens later on allows you to appreciate the foreshadowing more.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched Eureka Seven since the series concluded years ago via television. Even though I am not really a Mecha fan, I really enjoyed this series.

From begining to end, I really enjoyed watching all of the episodes. I've wanted to re-watch this series for a quite a while and now I can here and through Netflix.

But since my speakers stopped working after six years, it looks like it might be a while before I watch anything.

Still, awesome work Anime News Network. Now if only Ranma 1/2 was uploaded as well. Netflix doesn't have all the seasons and I actually have never seen the "elelusive" fifth season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2