• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: SDCC Day 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
The new stuff from Bandai looks seriously sweet; especially that Super Robot Taisen model kit which I definitely want as it would look good as a display piece! Very Happy
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
The SRW toy is a Soul of Chogokin line Dygenguar and Aussenseiter. See, Aussenseiter turns into the horse that Dygenguar rides on.

It's very manly, apparently.

Last edited by Captain Crotchspike on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info and knowing my luck, it'll probably be expensive... Sad
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
Thanks for the info and knowing my luck, it'll probably be expensive... Sad

That depends, do you consider $300 expensive? Wink

The Toynami Naruto stuff is looking good. And even better they seem to have a fairly good sense of scale to them.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
I actually have the Sai gashapon figure from the now-Toynami-dubbed Ninjutsu Collection (a vendor from A-Cen was selling it for $9 and for sake of having one of my favorite ninja as a figure on my shelf, I couldn't resist Anime hyper). It's a really nice figure, easy to assemble (even with me fumbling around with the Japanese instructions), and the design, colors, and such are really awesome. It's worth picking up if you like Naruto or figures/gashapon, once they come out, which is why I'm looking forward to picking up the others in the series (particularly the Deidara and Sasori ones that I missed out at A-Cen).
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
That huge Gundam model looks awesome, though if it does become commercially available it will definately be too expensive for me. Would 1/36 be about the same size as the Jumbo Gundam action figure that was released a while back?
saiyajedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote
The Human Spider wrote:
That huge Gundam model looks awesome, though if it does become commercially available it will definately be too expensive for me. Would 1/36 be about the same size as the Jumbo Gundam action figure that was released a while back?

Figuring 18.5 meters as the height of the "real" Gundam, 1:36 scale comes out to be just slightly over half a meter.

I'm conflicted about the use of Hajime Katoki's design for it, though—it's detailed, to be sure, but I'm not as big a fan of it as I am of some of the other designs that have appeared over the years. Hell, why not base it on the 1:1 scale version that they've got in Odaiba now?

Last edited by saiyajedi on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote
saiyajedi wrote:

Figuring 18.5 meters as the height of the "real" Gundam, 1:36 scale comes out to be just slightly over half a meter.

I'm conflicted about the use of Hajime Katoki's design for it, though—it's detailed, to be sure, but I'm not as big a fan of it as I am of some of the other designs that have appeared over the years. Hell, why not base it on the 1:1 scale version that they've got in Odaiba now?

Thanks. I'm horrible with math, especially conversions. An Odaiba Gundam Gunpla would be the best. I'm really suprised that Bandai--the masters of merchandising when it comes to Gundam-- didn't have a model to tie in with the Odaiba MASTERPIECE.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Sad
Because the reviewer didn't mention the awesome beauty that is the Saint Seiya cloths series from Bandai, I assumed they didn't bring any along this year, but they did.
I can't wait to get Tenma now.

Also not mentioned was the con exclusives like Hollow Ichigo for $20

Also they guys at this booth have always seemed pretty helpful & try to point one in the direction of where one can find the items such as the Seiya cloths I asked about last year
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
Screw all that science fiction stuff.. that Apollo 11 Saturn V rocket model looks amazing. This Otona no Chogkin sounds amazing.
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Screw all that science fiction stuff.. that Apollo 11 Saturn V rocket model looks amazing. This Otona no Chogkin sounds amazing.

Yeah, that does look really cool... Finally went to the Kennedy Space Center a couple years back to see the real thing - awesome & inspiring!

I do also like that Gundam... Like the others that have posted, I'm surprised that Bandai didn't have models or figs specifically to mark the Odaiba unveiling. A limited edition would be worth it's weight in gold, why would they pass up on that opportunity?

Hey Rob, you don't have any of the old Invid stuff? It can be found on the 'bay from time to time. There's an Invid Shock Trooper - item #260453711574
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1