• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ōoku: The Inner Chambers GN 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
You know, we've had a lot of gender-swapped period pieces come out of Japan, but all of them have been absolute rubbish. However, I think Ōoku breaks with the norm, making for a much more interesting setup and execution. My only regret is that it may never get animated, unlike that other rubbish.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
I absolutely love Ooku, even though really there are lots of reasons I shouldn't (more emphasis on theme than character, heavy on the exposition at time, two things I generally do not care for). I just find it really fascinating.

As for not getting animated, why bother when there is a live action movie and television series? I haven't been able to watch them yet, unfortunately, but I think it's a series that would suit live action quite well, possibly even better than it would take to being animated. The only real downside I can see is of course the slim chances of it ever being licensed (well, the movie could be). But it certainly is not to hard to track down and watch anyway, if you know where to look.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1