• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice Sneak Peek Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
Ah, I've been pronouncing Virizion's name wrong...
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote
You know what, TCPi? "You are really dumb. For real." Of course the western fandom is probably "dumb" too, as I'm expecting it to fall for these incorrect pronunciations just as they did for Arceus (It's "AR-SOOS", not "AR-(KEY)-US".).

Asrialys wrote:

My point. You are not wrong my friend if you've been pronouncing it "VER-IS-EE-ON".
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll watch the film, but I'm not expecting too much. The trailer didn't seem all that great.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if I'll watch it. Vic Lasagna's (yes I did that on purpose) voice irks me. Laughing Laughing All of his characters sound the same.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I don't know if I'll watch it. Vic Lasagna's (yes I did that on purpose) voice irks me. Laughing Laughing All of his characters sound the same.

Wait, even Broly from Dragon Ball Z? That sounds nothing like his other characters.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
You know what, TCPi? "You are really dumb. For real." Of course the western fandom is probably "dumb" too, as I'm expecting it to fall for these incorrect pronunciations just as they did for Arceus (It's "AR-SOOS", not "AR-(KEY)-US".).

Asrialys wrote:

My point. You are not wrong my friend if you've been pronouncing it "VER-IS-EE-ON".

Isn't this is the dub that said water Pokemon are weak to Fire Pokemon and Arbok evolves into Habunake? You'd think the people in charge of dubbing a worldwide phenomena would do some research before dubbing it. I suppose not.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
(It's "AR-SOOS", not "AR-(KEY)-US".).

Well, it's not quite SOOS either...

TitanXL wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:

Asrialys wrote:

Isn't this is the dub that said water Pokemon are weak to Fire Pokemon and Arbok evolves into Habunake? You'd think the people in charge of dubbing a worldwide phenomena would do some research before dubbing it. I suppose not.

Hm, if those inconsistencies were from many, many years ago, then no, they are not the same people in charge of dubbing it...
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
(It's "AR-SOOS", not "AR-(KEY)-US".).

Well, it's not quite SOOS either...

It actually is. The Japanese pronounce it "AR-ROO-SOO-SOO", which translates to English as "AR-SOOS", or if you prefer, "(ARE)-SOOS". I'm trying to find a video of actual proof of this, however YouTube has since copyrighted practically everything to do with Movie 12, including Satoshi yelling out Arceus' voice (the Japanese trailer).
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Until it is released in its original Japanese, count me completely out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
You know what, TCPi? "You are really dumb. For real." Of course the western fandom is probably "dumb" too, ...

Aren't you part of this "dumb" western fandom too? I mean, your profile says you're from Ohio, which obviously means you live on western soil.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:

Asrialys wrote:

Blame DuArt Film & Video for any of those types of errors, since they are in charge of actually recording, casting, and scripting the thing. Razz I usually don't care too much about perfect pronunciation though (I don't think I'd be able to tell what's correct and incorrect! Anime hyper)...
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
You know what, TCPi? "You are really dumb. For real." Of course the western fandom is probably "dumb" too, ...

Aren't you part of this "dumb" western fandom too? I mean, your profile says you're from Ohio, which obviously means you live on western soil.

I renounce every part of the Pocket Monsters fandom that is not Japanese.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote
Wait, if they listen to the grass and are friends with them, why are they killing the grass? Laughing
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch the English Dub Very Happy, I hope a theater near me plays the movie Smile!!!
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Hypeathon wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:

I renounce every part of the Pocket Monsters fandom that is not Japanese.

And that would include you? You're not exactly Japanese yourself. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2