• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Fun Game: Combine Anime Titles With Movie Titles

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucalb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote
Me and my friends on another board like to make threads combining titles of songs, movies and games in humourous way (for example: Purple Bloodrayne, Love Is A Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, and so on). Our latest thread combines titles of various Japanese anime with Hollywood movie titles. Now I've decided to take the fun on the road. Very Happy

The rules are simple: Mix up two names, one from anime, one from a movie. Keep your posts short with about three or four title combos, if you have more in mind just post 'em after the next guy. And no double posting, please. Ready, steady, go!

Enter The Dragon Ball
Detective Conan The Barbarian
Devil Lady & The Tramp
Cutey Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Eh, sorry, but it's still lacking in substance. I don't really mind having game threads around, but just splicing names and listing them is too far a violation of rule #3.

Other game threads we've had in the past were usually guessing games that involved some good memorization skills and whatnot like identifying anime titles or cross-referencing seiyuu in a "Six Degrees" sort of way. From that, you at least get to challenge a part of your mental abilities and maybe even learn something.

Unfortunately, this one just doesn't seem like it'll work out. I commend you on your effort, though.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1