• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Takehiko Inoue's Slam Dunk/Shiseido Ads

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLightstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
It looks like they mounted a camera to the ceiling and pointed down where Inoue was drawing on a large canvas. That's freaking amazing. I wonder if there's video of Inoue doing the drawing on the wall for the Kinokuniya bookstore in NY?
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Pretty amazing and stylish. What's oil blotting paper though?

This relation between cosmetics and basketball is actually quite clear. Manly men can take care of their looks too Very Happy
xScar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Inoue loves doing stuff like this, I guess. The overhead ones are awesome x.x

His Vagabond art books are full of ad-like drawings... featuring the cast in all sorts of fashions and such.

Definitely one of the bests out there right now Very Happy
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Very interesting and beautiful.

I never knew that Inoue did art for commercial ads like that, and for a cosmetics company.
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
JLightstar wrote:
I wonder if there's video of Inoue doing the drawing on the wall for the Kinokuniya bookstore in NY?

Try his "Inoue Takehiko: Other hand" DVD. It's a behind the scene DVD of his Slam Dunk/Shiseido commercials.

I was surprised by his Slam Dunk/Shiseido Ad's back few years ago. There is one thing that I found fascinating. He still had to turn in his manga manuscript while working on that huge drawing.
poonk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
What's oil blotting paper though?
It's a square of special absorbant paper you pat against your face (especially the "T-zone"-- forehead, nose, chin) to remove the oil you naturally secrete throughout the day, either because it feels gross or it's making your skin look shiny. Unlike just washing one's face (which I'd prefer, personally) you can take packets of these in your bag/pocket and use them on-the-go.

Huh, the things I've learned from watching dramas... (Though I suppose there's probably a western equivalent too.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1