• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku to Appear in American MMO TinierMe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I thought ANN used the western order of given name - family name?

Sorry, Egan, I guess this is "Emerje gets picky about the news" day. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quote
The Vocaloid stuff is pretty fun and was a huge surprise to see yesterday when I checked the updates on TinierMe. There's three more events planned around the collaboration and I'm very excited to see what they are.

TinierMe is a great site in itself, I just gotta warn people that some of the users can be... unpleasant. I suppose that's the case anywhere on the internet due to anonymity though.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Miku Hatsune in some thing else now where is the anime about Miku Hatsune
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I thought TinierMe was a Japanese port.

It's been a while since I played. Did they finally get out of beta?
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I thought TinierMe was a Japanese port.

It's been a while since I played. Did they finally get out of beta?

It's not out of beta, I wouldn't expect it to be out of beta anytime soon. @games itself was still in beta when I looked at the site at the end of last year, I can't tell if it still is since their top image is changed due to their Granrodeo collaboration. Either way that means it was in beta for two years at least.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I don't play TinierMe but I'd say this is a pretty big step in bringing Miku more into the mainstream eyes (and ears) of the world outside of Japan. Which is what Crypton Future Media has been aiming to do. I'm curious to see where Miku will pop up next.

Btw yes standard name usage on ANN is given name-family name but Miku is an exception to the rule because she's a consumer product. Calling her Miku Hatsune is like calling the San Francisco treat Roni-A-Rice.

Oh take a closer look at her staff, it's a mic and mic stand. Cute.

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
I don't play TinierMe but I'd say this is a pretty big step in bringing Miku more into the mainstream eyes of the world outside of Japan. Which is what Crypton Future Media has been aiming to do. I'm curious to see where Miku will pop up next.

Me too. I would want Miku to get more US exposure. A lot of anime fan/otaku in US knows about her from the internet site like Kotaku and Japanator. I've first heard about this article from Japanator. I was excited to see Miku will go to US (I even show this to Brian Ashcroft on Twitter). Beside seeing her in Tinierme, she is going to make a appearance in Idolmaster as a DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:45 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Miku Hatsune in some thing else now where is the anime about Miku Hatsune

There is no anime about Hatsune Miku. There is an OVA project coming out called Black Rock Shooter which Miku sang a song with the same title, but the anime is not about her. The DVD will be available this weekend in Hobby Japan's September issue, with appearances in Megami and Animedia magazines in the following weeks. Latest updates are here.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I thought ANN used the western order of given name - family name?

Sorry, Egan, I guess this is "Emerje gets picky about the news" day. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Emerje

Hatsune Miku is a product, not a person. The official romanization of the software's name is Hatsune Miku, thus the name used in the article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1