• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakuman, Mazinkaizer SKL, Arakawa Under the Bridge × 2 Videos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or are the characters in the Bakuman anime taller than their manga counterparts?
Peroxid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Miho looks a lot worse, imho.

Don't really know if Bakuman will work well, since it'll have only 25 eps.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Peroxid wrote:
Miho looks a lot worse, imho.

Don't really know if Bakuman will work well, since it'll have only 25 eps.

At least Bakuman isn't moe and won't have any nudity. It's likely that the manga might be better than the anime, but I rather see a Bakuman anime any day as opposed to some of the creepier series that are being made.
KN_guro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Bakuman animation looks kinda not so good.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's obvious what series J.C. Staff concentrated most of their budget on for this fall season, and it's definitely not Bakuman. But, Kenichi Kasai is a very capable director; he'll find a way to make it work.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm anxious for Bakuman, actually. For once we might get a Shonen Jump anime that's not over-populated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
I'm anxious for Bakuman, actually. For once we might get a Shonen Jump anime that's not over-populated.

And that is why I really like Bakuman. No tricks, no gimmicks and for once, no super powers. Well except hard work and determination.

It's also realistic, more so than most Shonen Jump series. It's really a great series, I some people would just accept as it is and either watch or not.

Yes, it has females, but they don't give up when pressure is on them and one of the female's started her own group while creating her own series. But if looking for a show to be taken ultra seriously without any humor at all or expect to see fan service, this series isn't for you.

As for Arkawa, I look forward to the second season. It's a really hard call, but I hope the level of comedy continues to continue and the serious moments to be as exciting as they were in the original series.

But like I said with Bakuman, if you aren't looking for comedy and weird comedy at that, this show won't be for you.

If your looking for an intelligent, but hilarious show, I recommend this.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai

.............awkward anime is awkward.........

Seriously?! How in the world did this manga get an anime? Even the description on ANN-

"For several years, Kyousuke's relationship with his younger sister Kirino has been cold, to the point that they only share greetings. But one day, Kyousuke finds a moe anime DVD fallen in their entry hall. His interest piqued, he looks for the owner, only to realize it belongs to Kirino. He's shocked, but more surprises lie just ahead..."

-leaves out an important plot point. She's in little-sister hentai.

Yeah.

And slowly the big bro and little sis develop a friendship over playing h-games individually. She even has a shrine in her closet dedicated to figurines, manga, etc. to little-sis hentai.

Last time I read it, it's been pretty good at staying away from possible incest.

But still. WWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????!!!!!!
drdr48

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Well, it's obvious what series J.C. Staff concentrated most of their budget on for this fall season, and it's definitely not Bakuman.

Index!?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Well, it's obvious what series J.C. Staff concentrated most of their budget on for this fall season, and it's definitely not Bakuman.

Index!?

That and Otome Youkai Zakuro looks sleek (it helps that Zakuro is produced by Aniplex).
TJR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Well, it's obvious what series J.C. Staff concentrated most of their budget on for this fall season, and it's definitely not Bakuman. But, Kenichi Kasai is a very capable director; he'll find a way to make it work.

He's one of my favorite directors, although Kimikiss and Miracle Train keep me from having absolute confidence. Also, his shows tend to run really late in production with no promotional materials released until just before broadcast (or none at all), which always worries me.

On the other hand, I don't think animation will particularly make or break Bakuman. They have a star studded writing and directorial team on board, so I hope they can do a good show.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
Geez... The more I look at Mazinkaiser SKL, the more it looks like Getter Robo... O_O
Bell02

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
It's really ironic to see Bakuman get an anime... but I still anticipate it. Honestly I think it would have been cooler to see it as Live action, but with the Manga's they created in Animated segments.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Bell02 wrote:
It's really ironic to see Bakuman get an anime... but I still anticipate it. Honestly I think it would have been cooler to see it as Live action, but with the Manga's they created in Animated segments.

You know, it actually is. What the main characters are trying so hard for is already in progress of actually happening. If this were a gag manga, that would make an exceptional breaking the fourth wall moment.

So far, the only anime I've seen pull off another anime in the same series is Genshiken. The anime within the anime within said anime, now that is a mouthful and doesn't get said often.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1