• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! eps 1-6

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Minor correction on the Lite episodes. They were available for one week via KyoAni's Youtube channel, but are not currently available through legal methods. NicoLive/TBS On Demand only shows the main features. They will be included on BD/DVD volume 7 along with the new episode in June though, so it's possible Sentai may be getting them.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to bitch about this review, but since I'm in complete agreement with it, I can't. Wink If you haven't checked out this wonderful show yet, you should.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm really liking this show.. its my favorite KyoAni TV anime since K-On Season 2. The animation is superb, the character designs are great, and the moe is strong with this one. Rikka is my favorite girl of the season, easily. Only show I'd put over it this season would be GirlPan.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Based on positive things I've heard in the discussions from the Stream and elsewhere about this show I decided to try it out. I was pleasantly surprised. It's, cute and funny, but more importantly I think it has good pacing, which has been executed very poorly lately.

Lo and behold! A's, finally I see A's. I rarely see A's. This is wonderful. I was beginning to think ANN forgot the letter existed.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Really? Docking points for character design? Is it hip to knock on KyoAni for that?

Anyway, I think the studio really shines when they do full on comedy. They have an absolute knack for visual comedy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
One of my favorite series for the Fall Season so far. It brings a smile to my face every Wednesday with its cleaver themes and that catchy little OP song.

Very funny series indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode of this on TAN, and I loved it. Which is I'm pissed that I can't watch anymore of it. Dammit.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Second favorite of Fall season, Chu2 definitely feels like a breath of fresh air in terms of comedy (My Little Monster is my #1).

Great use of slapstick on both ends of the spectrum and the lack of panty shots makes the female characters shine based solely on their personality. Also, I liked the Lite episodes. Yuuta and Rikka make such a great duo and all the other characters are so fun and memorable. :3

Last edited by Keichitsu0305 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Shippoyasha wrote:
Really? Docking points for character design? Is it hip to knock on KyoAni for that?

It's really just another point in the shows favor when you have to reach like that for a 'negative'
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Somehow, I knew Theron was going to review this one. These are the kinda shows that are right up her alley.

Kumin is a pleasure to watch. Following along with Rikka and Dekomori's delusional antics.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
Somehow, I knew Theron was going to review this one. These are the kinda shows that are right up her alley.

Theron is a guy
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode. I definitely liked the Haruhi vibes I was getting from the show. If Sentai releases those ONAs with their release, I may just go ahead and buy it.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
And just to clarify, this review was written shortly after episode 6 came out (it's been in our system for a while), so it does not confront any of the more recent developments. I'll do a follow-up review once the series ends to cover the second half, but so far I haven't seen anything in the second half which would encourage me to lower its overall grade.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
If anything, I think the show has simply gotten stronger in the second half. The great comedy is still there, but now the show has more heart.
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Kohii wrote:

Theron is a guy

I thought Theron was a guy at first. But now I think I started thinking otherwise when Ms Silverman started getting flack for giving a moe show a negative review, and Zac stepped in saying he wouldn't allow misogynistic comments. Somehow, I got the idea that it was Theron who had written that review.

At any rate, it makes more sense now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4