• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ookiku Furikabutte/Big Windup Manga Goes on 1-Year Break

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute ... Isn't Asa Higuchi female?

A 1-year break ... That's quite a long time to make fans of the series wait. Doesn't mean it isn't a well-deserved (and badly needed) break, though. More power to ya, Higuchi. Hope you come back stronger than ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Really wish this would come to the US; I'd love to read it. The anime is one of my favorites.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Is there enough manga material right now to make a 4th 12/13 ep season?
Mytopia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Wait a minute ... Isn't Asa Higuchi female?

A 1-year break ... That's quite a long time to make fans of the series wait. Doesn't mean it isn't a well-deserved (and badly needed) break, though. More power to ya, Higuchi. Hope you come back stronger than ever.

Make them wait? The manga is already one of the most comprehensive and prolific ones I've seen - they are lucky they are getting this much at all. In fact, there SHOULD be rests between serializations for each and every sort of manga - this would help ensure the quality of each series, and let other kinds of manga jump in and share the spotlight.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

Indeed.

I get worried for some manga-ka at times because of the stories you hear of such-n-such being hospitalized because of their health, so even though it means a pause in enjoying a series, it's ultimately for the best since the creator won't run the risk of doing real damage to themself. Anime catgrin
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quote
At least it'll give fans the time to watch the real thing anyways, and as they say, ya can't write a better script than. Laughing
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:51 am Reply with quote
But isn't this one year hiatus, a big gamble?
Her readers are eventually going to get tired of waiting, and might move on to another manga. Or will they be patient enough to for a year?
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:24 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see this released in the states too. I hope she has a relaxing break and comes back strong. I adore the characters she created and would like to see them go to Koshien. Anime smile
Mytopia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
But isn't this one year hiatus, a big gamble?
Her readers are eventually going to get tired of waiting, and might move on to another manga. Or will they be patient enough to for a year?

No way in hell. There isn't a single manga like Oofuri and Higuchi has a very dedicated fanbase. This is the Afternoon crowd we're talking about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1