• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tenjho Tenge DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
My problem is that my first real exposure to Ten Ten was with the manga - and because of that, the character designs in the anime turned me off fairly quickly. My other problems with the Ten Ten anime are that it seemed to lack the rawness, and also the fluidity the manga had in it. Whoe knows though? I might have enjoyed the anime more, if I had seen it first.

I've slowly come to realize that nine times out of ten, I prefer the manga. In fact, I've become so attatched to manga these days that I'll often choose reading a volume over watching a few episodes of anime. Even so, I still appreciate the things that anime can bring to the table, and there are times where I can appreciate the seperation between the two. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Though I haven't acctually seen the anime, from seeing the "trailers", I have to definetly agree with the review in that the opening sequence with "Bomb A Head! V" is probably the single most cool and catchy opening I've seen in a loooong time. =P

I have some random questions on the production of this. Was this produced by Avex? If so, also, in what ways did Geneon help with the production? (I see Geneon USA on the official site).

Those last few questions make me feel stupid, because they're probably pretty obvious, but I just wanna know anyway. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
MaestroDelphine

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:53 am Reply with quote
this show looks like it lives on fan-service and action alone!!! Laughing
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quote
uh oh uh oh, here comes the hammer. *does tenjho tenge MC Hammer dance*
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
I have some random questions on the production of this. Was this produced by Avex? If so, also, in what ways did Geneon help with the production? (I see Geneon USA on the official site).

As far as I know, Geneon was responsible for marketing TenTen and that's it. =\
Walkabout

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
MaestroDelphine wrote:
this show looks like it lives on fan-service and action alone!!! Laughing

There's so much solid drama to this show as it goes on that it continues to amaze me...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
MaestroDelphine wrote:
this show looks like it lives on fan-service and action alone!!!

Honestly, no.

The show takes a good story, ads some character development, and then ads very liberal doses of fan service and action.

While it doesn't feature the most profound characters in the world, the story really is well written, engaging and full of drama.

Which is why Carlo gave the story a B-, which I might point out, is above average. Better character development might have pushed it up to a B or B+.

Compare to Ikki Tosen, which Carlo gave an F to in the story department. In both cases I agree with his ratings 100%.

<plug>You can pick up PA#84 for my full (but short) opinion on the Tenjho Tenge anime and manga (I reviewed them both for the short reviews). Our goal is to have different people write the ANN and PA reviews, offering different opinions.</plug>

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1