• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast Bonus - Stephanie Sheh: We Heart Charity

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:58 am Reply with quote
Thank you Stephanie, Justin and Zac for making this bonus podcast.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
Well Played, AnnCast!

Has anyone else noticed the lack of reaction from American Gaming websites, eg. G4, IGN, etc.? I took a quick tour of gaming sites and none, that I've found, have any sort of call for aid for Japan. No banners. No links to the Red Cross or similar relief/aid agencies. Nothing.

Frankly, I'm both surprised and terribly dismayed. Given how gargantuan the gaming community is, and how it's linked with Japan, one would think there would be a least some kind of response.

How very disappointing.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
Well Played, AnnCast!

Has anyone else noticed the lack of reaction from American Gaming websites, eg. G4, IGN, etc.? I took a quick tour of gaming sites and none, that I've found, have any sort of call for aid for Japan. No banners. No links to the Red Cross or similar relief/aid agencies. Nothing.

Frankly, I'm both surprised and terribly dismayed. Given how gargantuan the gaming community is, and how it's linked with Japan, one would think there would be a least some kind of response.

How very disappointing.

I think you need to take a closer look. G4 has links to charity groups that you can access via its home page. IGN is doing a 24 hour gaming marathon fundraiser which you can access via its home page, and Zac mentioned IGN's efforts the podcast.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
CareyGrant wrote:
Well Played, AnnCast!

How very disappointing.

I think you need to take a closer look. G4 has links to charity groups that you can access via its home page. IGN is doing a 24 hour gaming marathon fundraiser which you can access via its home page, and Zac mentioned IGN's efforts the podcast.

Yeah--when I checked it later today (just after I got done posting) I noticed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1