• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New User, Looking For Help With First Cosplay

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenEyedScout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum to be asking these questions. I'm going to a convention and would like to cosplay.
Problem is, I have really no idea what I'm doing.
I had to take two years of Home Economics (which included learning how to hand and machine sew), but that was about five years ago.
As it stands right now, I'm looking to start out small with costumes, something that wouldn't require too much skill or money.
So far, my ideas are Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing, Edward Elric from FMA.

I'm 5'4 inches tall, weigh about 125-130 pounds, and have a slim build. I'm open to suggestions for other characters to try out.

Thanks for the help.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
GoldenEyedScout--
I cannot help you out, but I would like to welcome you to the fora! Very Happy
MistressFeferi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
Hey! I've just started cosplay in about August last year and I've been cosplaying as characters from my favorite series' etc.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to look into some of your favorite animes, mangas etc and pick out a few characters and then study into them on their series' official wikis?
The wikis should have some basic information on them; like their height, DoB, weight etc.

Try matching some with your own information, practise some poses for the characters that are left on your list and see which on suits you best I guess!

Best of luck <3
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
As a newcomer to cosplay, I would recommend to dress up as some character from an ordinary looking show. What I mean is find someone you like from a modern life anime. I did my first cosplay as shizuo from DRRR (but thats because im tall). DRRR is a great example of an anime with tons of characters who all look normal and can be mimicked. You can try ryuugamine or even kida (who both are easy to pull off). Heck, you can even go for Izaya but I wouldn't recommend for a simple reason that he wears full black---so good luck surviving a day out in the sun dressed like that lol. Otherwise find any slice of life show you like and it should be easy to find/make matching clothing. Good luck
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1