• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tonight's One Piece Simulcast Delayed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I was flabbergasted at the people bitching and crying about the delay on Funimation's facebook. God forbid that the episode gets delayed because Japan is currently in a crisis.

People don't deserve to watch anime if they are going to be so selfish.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Completely Understandable.

There are more important things going on right now.

Everyone in Japan please stay safe.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's unbelievable how some people can only think about their own comfort in times like these.

Unbelievable and scary Confused
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I was flabbergasted at the people bitching and crying about the delay on Funimation's facebook. God forbid that the episode gets delayed because Japan is currently in a crisis.

You hope it's because they're young, and/or ignorant and don't know any better. But with how entitled the youth of today have become this doesn't entirely surprise me (the selfish ignorance of it does sadden me deeply, however).

I'm not violent by nature but such people make me want to smack some sense and courtesy/manners into them. Or just smack them.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting for last week's episode, so I doubt I'll even notice this delay.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm fully expecting the same for their other simulcasts. Anime is the last thing on my mind right now. I pray no more fall victim to this catastrophe.

And really? People are bitching about this? Ugh...
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Understandable, and hey look at it this way those who are behind have a good chance to catch up now. I also wonder if any of the new Spring Series will be delayed too. I would welcome that news as it indicates more things getting back to normal and business returning. People back to work means better recovery in the long run. Hang on Japan we're rooting for you!
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Considering the situation, I saw this coming. I hope everyone who would have been involved with broadcasting the episode is safe with their families.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

You hope it's because they're young, and/or ignorant and don't know any better. But with how entitled the youth of today have become this doesn't entirely surprise me (the selfish ignorance of it does sadden me deeply, however).

I'm not violent by nature but such people make me want to smack some sense and courtesy/manners into them. Or just smack them.

Some were teenagers, yet there were alot who are adults. One even had the nerve to say this:

"I'm sorry but I'm more concerned about the anime. Japanese could care less about this country except when they can make some money of us. When is the last tome you've them sending aid to the US for Katrina or anything else for that matter. Now when is Bleach cimh back!"

Except he called the Japanese something else....(forum edited it for obvious reasons).

Last edited by Rukiia on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
CareyGrant wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

Some were teenagers, yet there were alot who were adults. One even had the nerve to say this:

"I'm sorry but I'm more concerned about the anime. Japanese could care less about this country except when they can make some money of us. When is the last tome you've them sending aid to the US for Katrina or anything else for that matter. Now when is Bleach cimh back!"

Except he called the Japanese something else....(forum edited it for obvious reasons).

Japan did provide aid for Katrina. $200,000 worth.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
SaiyanHero16 wrote:

http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2005/September/20050915165123ajesrom9.768313e-02.html

Thinks of an offensive term.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
SaiyanHero16 wrote:

http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2005/September/20050915165123ajesrom9.768313e-02.html

Well I got that number off wikipedia so... If anything, that guy needs to see this link.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
SaiyanHero16 wrote:
egoist wrote:
SaiyanHero16 wrote:

Well I got that number off wikipedia so... If anything, that guy needs to see this link.

Already rubbed it in his face. Laughing
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
SaiyanHero16 wrote:

People like that need a lot more rubbed in their face. Twisted Evil

It's sad that some people can't set aside their own petty wants to take the time to show some compassion for those who are in desperate need. Considering all the happiness the Japanese have provided for us, you'd think they'd have the common human decency to at least be moderately concerned about the suffering over there.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
SaiyanHero16 wrote:

People like that need a lot more rubbed in their face. Twisted Evil

It's sad that some people can't set aside their own petty wants to take the time to show some compassion for those who are in desperate need. Considering all the happiness the Japanese have provided for us, you'd think they'd have the common human decency to at least be moderately concerned about the suffering over there.

Most of these guys just want attention. Thankfully these kinds of people are far outnumbered by the people who actually are concerned.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2