• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon X/Y's 4th Gameplay Video, Roundtable Recap Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
The game looks good, I just hope it isn't extremely short
Lann

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean when playing at home with the wifi on, I will run into other players from around the world and be able to battle/trade with them, as in much the same style as an MMO?
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Lann, that would be wicked, but I feel that it might lag if that did happen
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I will be holding my praises until more info gets out. unfortunately when it comes to 3D gaming , this franchise have it as worse than the Castlevania series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quote
"Players will have to fight off a group with only a single Pokémon at their disposal using multi-target attacks."

You made it sound like you could only use multi-target attacks to battle the hordes but on the 2nd YouTube video you linked to, they say that you _can_ use multi-target attacks to help you battle the hordes. Important distinction to make IMO because I was already freaking out about running into hordes when I had a Pokemon with no multi-target attacks. Anime hyper

"Select trainers will challenge players to Sky Battles that players can only participate in if they have a Flying-type Pokémon in their party. "

Sorry but this is just plain wrong. In the video it states that other Pokemon such as Haunter with his ability levitate can participate in these battles too. Haunter is even shown participating in a sky battle in the video itself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1