• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop's RISING STARS OF MANGA Rush-Solicited

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Jakala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:17 pm Reply with quote
ICv2 has an article up here about Tokyopop's RISING STARS OF MANGA anthology book. This is a collection of the winning submissions from Tokyopop's contest to find the "rising stars" of American manga. It's an interesting article - for one thing it addresses the issue of whether American-made comics can rightly be considered 'manga' - but it also mentions that if you want to get your hands on a copy of this book, you'd better let your retailer know about it: It's being rush-solicited through a Previews Update and retailers must be notified by April 14th if you want this book.

Here's the solicit info from Previews:
RISING STARS OF MANGA VOLUME 1 GN

Last year, Tokyopop sponsored a one-of-a-kind contest to find the best new American creators of manga. This unique challenge invited talented, aspiring artists to submit between 15-25 pages of their original stories in English for the chance to receive monetary prizes and get their stories published in this anthology. Out of thousands of entries from across the U.S., here are the winners: "Devil's Candy," by Grand Prize winners Priscilla Hamby & Clint Bickham; "Van Von Hunter: Circlet of Necromancy," by Michael Schwark & Ron R. Kaulfersch; "The Little Match Girl," by Hans Tseng; "Sitting Ducks," by Ben Seto; "Zero," by Tracy Cox; "Pest," by Kyle Hoyt; "Emmalyne's Mansion," by Michael Vega; "Trickster," by Bridget E. Wilde; "Ophelia's Assassination: Veritas," by Kelli Hoover; and "The Proper Magic," by Jon Lyons. Scheduled to ship 04/29/03. (6228)

ITEM CODE: FEB035248

SC, 5x7, 248pg, b&w (1 of 2)..........$9.99
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1