• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Miyuki Sawashiro, Yuichi Nakamura Voice Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn NPCs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varmintx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
I didn't play the original version, so I don't know how much better it is, but I do like the current beta...that is, until I got to "To Guard a Guardian" and was promptly massacred over and over again. Smile

I'm still not sure I'm going to buy it as it's a tremendous time sink and I have so many games in my backlog already. Besides, playing it kind of just makes me want to play XII again instead.
Sobe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:30 am Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
I didn't play the original version, so I don't know how much better it is, but I do like the current beta...that is, until I got to "To Guard a Guardian" and was promptly massacred over and over again. Smile

I'm still not sure I'm going to buy it as it's a tremendous time sink and I have so many games in my backlog already. Besides, playing it kind of just makes me want to play XII again instead.

That's why you wear the auto-phoenix armor. Twisted Evil The pervert Thanced has a fitting voice actor, lol.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:29 am Reply with quote
Wow. I'll need to figure out a way to get Japanese audio. Eri Kitamura as one of my main story NPCs will be worth it alone, but with Miyuki Sawashiro's character showing up toward the end of the beta, and Yuuichi Nakamura's being in almost every story mission, this would've made it far more enjoyable. Great voice acting can do that, and they have an amazing cast here.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote
Wow, didn't realize those two kids from the opening were gonna be important.

*is totally only level 10 and not very far*
lijachan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Yuukyan's a gigantic bias of mine, so him voicing Thancred wouldn't help me any (because I'd be too busy looking at that ass instead WELP)
Man, if only this game was dual-audio instead...! I will love Thancred 10x more now because of it since he's like in every mission - like what Kougeru had mentioned. uwu (MAKE IT DUAL AUDIO ; w; )

(besides, this cast is GREAT! Famous seiyuus left and right!)

Last edited by lijachan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Many, if not most, of the Japanese voice actors in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (FFXIV: ARR) were revealed at the Niconico Chokaigi 2 held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba City, near Tokyo, on April 27-28, 2013.

I listed the Japanese voice actors known to be in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in this post on this forum over two months ago. And roles for six of the Japanese voice actors had already been revealed back then, including Miyuki Sawashiro as Minfilia, Yuuichi Nakamura as Thancred, Shinnosuke Tachibana as Alphinaud, and Rikiya Koyama as Cid:

Quote:
Japanese voice actor known at this stage

中村悠一 yuuichi nakamura          Thancred
喜多村英梨 eri kitamura
加藤英美里 emiri katou
豊崎愛生 aki toyosaki
茅野愛衣 ai kayano
KENN
真堂圭 kei shindou
立花慎之介 Shinnosuke Tachibana     Alphinaud
小野友樹 tomoki ono
小林ゆう yuu kobayashi
鳥海浩輔 kousuke toriumi
伊瀬茉莉也 mariya ise
岡本信彦 nobuhiko okamoto
田中理恵 rie tanaka            Kan-E-Senna Garuda
遠藤綾 aya endo
井上麻里奈 marina inoue
平田宏美 hiromi hirata
勝杏里 anri katsu
井上剛 gou inoue
日野聡 satoshi hino
安元洋貴 hiroki yasumoto
池田 秀一 syuiti ikeda
大原さやか sayaka ohara
菅谷 弥生 yayoi sugaya
小山 力也 rikiya koyama         Cid nan Garlond
遠藤 大智 daiti endo
江口 拓也 tatsuya eguti
清水 秀光 hidemitsu simizu
西田 雅一 masakazu nisida
大塚 明夫 Ootsuka Akio         Gaius van Baelsar
喜山 茂雄 sigeo kiyama
北沢 力 riki kitazawa
村川梨衣 rie murakawa
池田 昌子 masako ikeda
沢城 みゆき miyuki sawasiro          Lady Minfilia
田中 敦子 atsuko tanaka

In addition, those Japanese voice actors had been covered in English in a DualShockers article by Guiseppe Nelva on April 30, 2013, "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s Star Spangled Japanese Voice Cast Revealed (UPDATED)."

Knowing a bit about this particular character and the Japanese voice actresses on that list, I had correctly surmised over two months ago that Ghost in the Shell's original Japanese voice actress for Motoko Kusanagi, Atsuko Tanaka, might voice Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn.

Anyone familiar with her voice work - like many Japanese fans - can easily recognize Atsuko Tanaka as the voice of Merlwyb in the Japanese language trailer, FINAL FANTASY XIV "CRYSTAL'S CALL" トレーラー.

Metal Gear Solid's Solid Snake voice actor Akio Ohtsuka, who dubs in Japanese many leading men of Hollywood, can be easily recognized as the voice of Gaius van Baelsar.

Miyuki Sawashiro is instantly recognizable as the voice of Minfilia.

Rie Tanaka is rather easily recognizable as the voice of Kan-E-Senna and totally unrecognizable as the voice of Garuda.

Mobile Suit Gundam's Char Aznable voice actor Shuuichi Ikeda can be heard voicing, with that unmistakable laugh, the Masked Man (how appropriate he wears a mask like Char!) near the end of that Japanese trailer.

And over a month ago a Japanese blog, Konamikan, posted a fairly well circulated scan in Japan of Japanese voice actors - including their romanized names - in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, along with images of some of the Final Fantasy XIV characters they were known at the time to be voicing in the game.

(Gundam SEED's Lacus Clyne voice actress Rie Tanaka is officially credited with voicing two characters in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Kan-E-Senna and Garuda, although it sounds like she still provides one of the voices {Voice Type 1} for the female Miqo'te playable character left over from the original Final Fantasy XIV game about which she wrote on her blog nearly three years ago that she voiced {Voice Type 2}.)

Going by the particular character and the Japanese voice actresses on the list, I could be wrong but I'm guessing that 74-year-old veteran Masako Ikeda will be voicing Mother Crystal in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1