• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 3rd Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers Promo Video Previews Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hojo 360

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Eh wish this was the other Saint Seiya game by Tecmo Koei / Namco Bandai Games Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers that was a fun game and only NA got the pass Crying or Very sad this game looks like any of the bad DBZ games
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
Eh wish this was the other Saint Seiya game by Tecmo Koei / Namco Bandai Games Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers that was a fun game and only NA got the pass Crying or Very sad this game looks like any of the bad DBZ games

Are you talking about that Dynasty Warriors type game? Cause I agree, it looked better than this. Though I still might end up importing this game eventually, cause screw digital only lol
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I'll get the European version when it comes out as that I hate digital copies for such games based on one of my favorite anime.

Now why isn't Tohru Furuya reprising his role as Seiya instead of that Bleach boy that no one asked for ? Mad

Last edited by Majin Tenshi on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:

Are you talking about that Dynasty Warriors type game? Cause I agree, it looked better than this. Though I still might end up importing this game eventually, cause screw digital only lol

I find these posts hilarious... Because Brave Soldiers is literally Sanctuary Battle/Senki, only with more characters, slightly improved character models, & the Musou-style stages removed in favor of the one-on-one battles being the focus. Saying that this game is nothing like the previous game when it literally is the same game as before (or at least 50% of it, with the other 50% replaced with extra content) is just funny as hell.

Anyway, unlike other people who have a cloth stuck up someplace & are saying silly things like "Ew, digital-only!", not realizing (or caring, more like it) that if this bombs digitally then we sure as hell won't be getting more of it in America & Canada, I will be buying this when it comes out this November.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Now why isn't Tohru Furuya reprising his role as Seiya instead of that Bleach boy that no asked for ? Mad

Get over it, seriously. Furuya will never voice Seiya in an extensive fashion anymore, just like how Akira Kamiya won't be doing Kenshiro or Ryoma Nagare anymore. He was brought back for Omega only because Seiya barely appears in the show in the first place, so Furuya has it easy. Also, it's an older-in-age Seiya, so it's likely easier on Furuya's voice because he can just sound like he does now instead of having to sound like he did back in the 80s. Yes, it's astounding that Tohru Furuya can still make himself sound like he did back in the 70s & 80s, but that doesn't mean that he should bend over backwards & voice his characters until he dies. In fact, the only character he still voices is Amuro Ray, and that's partially because older Amuro fits fine with how he sounds now; he very rarely has to do 0079 Amuro nowadays.

Masakazu Morita does a fine Seiya, and calling him "that Bleach boy" when that show isn't even airing anymore, not to mention Morita has made himself identifiable with numerous other roles by now, just shows how silly your sounding. It's been nearly 10 years since the cast change has happened... Get over it.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I am free to voice opinion here and anywhere I like, weather you see it silly or not and weather you like it or not so get over it.

The fact that all of the recasted saint Seiya in Inferno and on were changed in Omega (with Furuya and Mami Koyama only returning as guests) shows how the majority of fans and the production team/company of Omega ignored the Morita and the rest. Which wasn't surly due to the fans loving them.

And I personally prefer the recasted seiyuu of Omega over the ones of Inferno and Elysion especially for Shun.

And your argument in Furuya not voicing Seiya in the game is not right, because many other veteran seiyuu still voice their roles in games like Dragon Ball, and SRW. Actually, Akira Kamiya was still voicing his characters when they appear in SRW and the last Kinikuman games as well.

It may not make a difference to you but it makes to others, who are not less fans than others. So calling their opinion as silly and so is just not an intelligent way of expressing your opinion. I know it's the Internet, but we can at least maintain a certain level of discussion in such fine sites which many fans and industry members visit.

Last edited by Majin Tenshi on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:

I find these posts hilarious... Because Brave Soldiers is literally Sanctuary Battle/Senki, only with more characters, slightly improved character models, & the Musou-style stages removed in favor of the one-on-one battles being the focus. Saying that this game is nothing like the previous game when it literally is the same game as before (or at least 50% of it, with the other 50% replaced with extra content) is just funny as hell.

Anyway, unlike other people who have a cloth stuck up someplace & are saying silly things like "Ew, digital-only!", not realizing (or caring, more like it) that if this bombs digitally then we sure as hell won't be getting more of it in America & Canada, I will be buying this when it comes out this November.
You know people are entitled to their own opinion's something i guess were your from is wrong?? and sorry this games nothing like Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers i played / own it. And it's like Dynasty Warriors or Hokuto no Ken video games from Tecmo Koei and in my opinion {see what i did there} looks better then this fighter from Dimps but that's an opinion
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 am Reply with quote
Owning a physical copy of a game is a feeling that no digital copy can replace for me. Though I usually don't mind getting digital copies instead of physical ones for games that I consider ok or average (B games you can say) or if I have a physical copy of another/previous console.

I don't know about this game yet, but it's Saint Seiya so I'll do the same thing I did with the previous game. Get the European version which contained the Japanese audio with English. PS3 is a region free so that shouldn't be a problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1