• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist Movie-Goers to Get Manga Vol. 11.5

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote
Am i the only one who thinks Arakawa-sensei is milking her series a little too much? Confused
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:17 am Reply with quote
They get an omake volume? And more?

*Drowns in jealousy*

@Lizzie_B

If these things are coming free with the tickets it's not like she's selling them, no? So I wouldn't call that milking....although being a fan of her work I am biased in my words so...sorry hehe....
egoist

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quote
Next up: Fullmetal Alchemist Z.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:21 am Reply with quote
Lizzie_B wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks Arakawa-sensei is milking her series a little too much? Confused

No there've been far worst believe me.

...and I don't remember anyone complaining when Oda did pretty much the exact same thing with the last One Piece movie...
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote
Lizzie_B wrote:

Huh how is she milking the series by giving a FREE extra to the fans who go see the movie (which actually has more to do with Studio Bones than Arakawa)

I wish I lived in Japan and was able to get this stuff (well there are always the Yahoo auctions)
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quote
I am looking forward to the movie but I wonder with of the two stories lines will it take the altenate world of the first one or the different one of Brotherhood by the way the original story the Elrics brothers father was based on a real person Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombast von Hohenheim better know as Paracelsus and if we look up a biography of him we would find Dante I found out this in a book by Joseph P. Farrell of all places. Very Happy
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quote
marcos torres toledo wrote:
I am looking forward to the movie but I wonder with of the two stories lines will it take the altenate world of the first one or the different one of Brotherhood by the way the original story the Elrics brothers father was based on a real person Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombast von Hohenheim better know as Paracelsus and if we look up a biography of him we would find Dante I found out this in a book by Joseph P. Farrell of all places. Very Happy

Um...since a manga tie-in is being written for it by Arakawa it's pretty obvious that it's a "Brotherhood" movie.

Also, SPOILERS man.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
Personally I like extra side stories and find it irritating when actual content (side stories, one shots) become limited editions Mad Toys and calenders I don't care about but when its content it makes me wanna punch somebody. Sad Especially since this sort of thing often isn't even scatalated.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quote
On the one hand, I am excited to see this movie.

On the other hand, there really is a sense of them kind of keeping the franchise on life support. The story is over, but they keep tossing out prequels, midquels, and side stories.

It reminds me of what they've done with Star Wars. Which is NOT a good sign.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

*Drowns in jealousy*

You read my mind, mate.

I can't wait to own all of FMA, or, well... at least all of the main story, if the former proves impossible.

Also looking forward to Arakawa's new series.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
On the one hand, I am excited to see this movie.

On the other hand, there really is a sense of them kind of keeping the franchise on life support. The story is over, but they keep tossing out prequels, midquels, and side stories.

It reminds me of what they've done with Star Wars. Which is NOT a good sign.

Personally I can bet Arakawa's side story will be a lot more entertaining than the movie based on trailer I've seen. But that's just my opinion. It will probably just be a short story. I don't really see the comparison with Star Wars.

But Fullmetal Alchemist was a popular franchise if they want to keep creating extras like this then I don't see what the problem is. It is just more nice stuff for the fans.

Anyways I would actually be really surprised if this side story doesn't make it's way on the Internet somehow. FMA fans are pretty good at sharing stuff. Still I wish I could own an actual copy somehow.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:

Anyways I would actually be really surprised if this side story doesn't make it's way on the Internet somehow. FMA fans are pretty good at sharing stuff. Still I wish I could own an actual copy somehow.

I'm sure it will. A similar promotion was done for the tenth One Piece movie; Oda drew an exclusive prequel story called One Piece Chapter Zero. It was only given to people who went to see the movie on opening night. It was on the internet within 24 hours.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

*Drowns in jealousy*
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote
From what I've seen, FMA fans are a high-standard, unforgiving bunch aren't they?

"Didn't come directly from Arakawa's brain? It'll probably suck..."
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Boy, Full Metal Alchemist is sure being milked for all it's worth isn't it.

But I just wonder if Arakawa is eventually going to run out of ideas. Don't get me wrong FMA and Brotherhood were great, but how much more can you have after that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2