• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Knights of Sidonia Anime Briefly Listed in Spring 2014

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Now, this is something I am very interested in seeing since I do follow the manga. There's nearly 50 chapters translated now so going to be interesting to see how it will be adapted. I can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
partially

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
At the very least I hope they change the characters a bit so you can actually differentiate between different people. A problem I find with all Nihei's works. Wasn't such a problem in Biomega or Blame!, since there were so few characters. But in Sidonia it is torture trying to keep track of whos who.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I've only read up to 37, does this get a little more light hearted or is this typical of his work and just gets darker and more depressing right down to the downer ending. I like what I read, but have never been a fan of kll em all and everyone can die, and especially bittersweet and downer endings.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Totally looking forward to this show.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
Really liked what I saw of the trailer that was released and had been wondering when the anime was going to air. Considering the extra complexity, wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back a bit. I love Nihei's works, including Knights, which is a little lighter than his previous titles. If I had one suggestion for Vertical, it would be to include a who's who guide at the beginning of each volume of the manga, especially with the time spread between the release of each volume. Very much looking forward to seeing this anime and I'm hoping at least Crunchyroll will pick it up for streaming.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1