• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FanimeCon 2011 - Aniplex of America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Glad something new is coming to Adult Swim. I say let em have Baccano as well, to top off the block and all is good.

Now, that RuroKen set? I have this eerie feeling that it'll be of the equivalent price range of a brand new MacBook...
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Glad something new is coming to Adult Swim. I say let em have Baccano as well, to top off the block and all is good.

Now, that RuroKen set? I have this eerie feeling that it'll be of the equivalent price range of a brand new MacBook...

Aniplex needs to start offering financing on their releases. I don't know how the Japanese do it.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The panel then moved to a Q&A session. A question was asked about whether Aniplex was going to release Madoka Magica and Bakamonogatari; Kodaka stated that no decision has been made regarding the licensing for either title.

That sorta contradicts what ANN reported in the Rurouni Kenshin news piece where they said:

"During its panel, Aniplex acknowledged that negotiations are ongoing for licensing both Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Bakemonogatari. Aniplex added, "Stay tuned.""
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
John Casey wrote:

Aniplex needs to start offering financing on their releases. I don't know how the Japanese do it.

As long as there's zero-interest, I'll be peachy. :3
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:39 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
John Casey wrote:

As long as there's zero-interest, I'll be peachy. :3

I must be your worst enemy then, as I'm buying TWO OF EACH!! Muhahahaha Wink
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 am Reply with quote
And here I thought that after what happened with Kara no Kyoukai, the two of you were already worst enemies. Laughing
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:26 am Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
And here I thought that after what happened with Kara no Kyoukai, the two of you were already worst enemies. Laughing

Oh, hush! Just because we try to kill each other every now and then doesn't make us worst enemies...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Would have been nice if they had announced a release a domestic ED of Kara no Kyoukai.
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Would have been nice if they had announced a release a domestic ED of Kara no Kyoukai.

Not gonna happen. A worm penis will never evolve into a Johnny Two-By-Four.

And yes, I just called Aniplex of America a bunch of penises, since they still apparently haven't learned a damn thing. I'm honestly gonna enjoy watching them crash and burn here, in a year or two give or take. Possibly sooner. Aniplex USA dying meaning Funimation can take over their stuff proper.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I asked about KnK getting a domestic release at Sakura-Con, and the AoA reps said that they'd like to see it, but that it's all up to AoJ. They said that they pass along all of those comments, though, and that AoJ pays attention when something has high demand, so hopefully if enough people keep asking, we might eventually get it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1