• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Treading Trails

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizardking461

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bulbasaur sprouts a taller tree from its back

I believe you mean Venusaur...
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Nintendo Direct's trailer transformed Super Mario 3D World from "I'll get it eventually" to "OMG, I'm pre-ordering that now!" Absolutely awesome stuff they showed. If the Direct had been nothing but that Mario trailer I would still be happy.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
lizardking461 wrote:
Quote:
Bulbasaur sprouts a taller tree from its back

I believe you mean Venusaur...

Came in to post that.

For shame.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Kirby Triple Deluxe: Kirby will never bomb. Power to the poyo, baby. Still I was hoping his next game would be an RPG. I wonder when that'll ever happen.

Mighty No. 9: The first sketch looks like Blossom from that awful Powerpuff Girls Z nonsense. In any case, kudos to Inafune for bringing back the epic robot awesome he's always been known for. I can't wait to play this.

Elminage Gothic 3D Mix:

Quote:
UFO Games localized Elminage Original for the PSP just last year.

You do realize UFO Games badly translated it to the point it was largely forgettable, right? I hope a different company handles it this time.

LoH: Trails in the Flash: I predict this will be translated and localized by around 2020. Sigh, why didn't we take more of an interest in this series sooner so we'd be caught up by now?
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I would support the Shantae or the Mighty 9 but I don't like digital only, and as far as I can tell none of the levels have a physical copy of the game. I know some kickstarters do offer levels where you can get the physical game, also it doesn't help 99 percent of the time if it has a physical version it is the pc version.

God I hope NIS puts out some news soon just to shut the hell up the naysayers who think the company is all of sudden going under. They d2 coming out, and then Guided Paradox this year. Not to mention their anime branch, the company will be fine.

Nintendo as usual is disappoint, and nintendo fans as usually are disappoint. So basically nintendo is doing what they always do, no 3rd party games, and a handful of 1st party titles is all you get to float the console, and every one is like hells yea, look at that mario game.

I came. I saw. Mario looks outdated from any angle, and if I have to choose between AAA titles like GTA, AC, Borderlands, Destiny, Diablo etc. or getting a new mario or zelda game I will choose the former. Luckily I don't have to chose, but I won't be buying the Wii U until at least Persona x Fire Emblem.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, this week's X-button is alright though, with what randomness is coming out. But hey, everyone has their own taste in titles.

Of course what could have been included in the "Import Roundup", but didn't, is Phantom Breaker: Extra, at least its Region Free for both systems, plays a bit faster than its predecessor and is an update/sequel to the series with everyone back and 4 new characters, chances for a localization could be possible one day, due to 5PB Games USA in social media, who knows. :3

Also random in news not mention in X-Button, Idea Factory opens a US branch, or something like that, so yeah...Might be good/bad depending, but still welcome another "niche" company anyways, lol. :3
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I came. I saw. Mario looks outdated from any angle, and if I have to choose between AAA titles like GTA, AC, Borderlands, Destiny, Diablo etc. or getting a new mario or zelda game I will choose the former. Luckily I don't have to chose, but I won't be buying the Wii U until at least Persona x Fire Emblem.

The Mario 3D World visuals looked solid given its art style, not sure what trailer you saw, and really? Acting like Mario is overused but then looking favorably upon Assassin's Creed AKA one of the most quickly over-milked franchises ever? Not to mention AC 4 will be on the Wii U along with all the other consoles.

The Direct is naturally focused on the first-party titles since it's from Nintendo themselves. They did show quite a bit of Sonic, and Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends just came out a while ago. In terms of stuff like Watch Dogs and AC 4 there's not much reason to really focus on them since the third party developers themselves will advertise the gameplay and such. And stuff like Bayonetta 2 and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem aren't until 2014 so naturally the Direct wouldn't focus on them. Plus, we're assured they will continue to provide more indie games, that's always good.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
God I just hate David Cage so goddamned much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Persona x Fire Emblem.

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, there is no Persona.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I would support the Shantae or the Mighty 9 but I don't like digital only, and as far as I can tell none of the levels have a physical copy of the game. I know some kickstarters do offer levels where you can get the physical game, also it doesn't help 99 percent of the time if it has a physical version it is the pc version.

Several of the goals that were reached for the Mighty 9 campaign include a physical release, and these include the PS3, Xbone, Vita and 3DS. My understanding of the donation was that, depending on the amount donated, you could choose the version of the game that you wanted. Meaning that, if you donated enough, you could easily get a physical copy of the game on 3DS or whatever system you use.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
LoH: Trails in the Flash: I predict this will be translated and localized by around 2020. Sigh, why didn't we take more of an interest in this series sooner so we'd be caught up by now?

Sad but true, this latest game looks fantastic, it's a shame it's going to be so long before we potentially get it in English (and Trails in the Sky part 1 was awesome).

Also can't wait for Mighty No. 9 (and Shantae).
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to seeing what Inafune is cooking.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
lol the Battle Princess/Maiden trend is still going strong in Japan I see.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Sad but true, this latest game looks fantastic, it's a shame it's going to be so long before we potentially get it in English (and Trails in the Sky part 1 was awesome).

Yeah. I want to blame someone for this, but do I yell at the consumers or the localizers?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

Several of the goals that were reached for the Mighty 9 campaign include a physical release, and these include the PS3, Xbone, Vita and 3DS. My understanding of the donation was that, depending on the amount donated, you could choose the version of the game that you wanted. Meaning that, if you donated enough, you could easily get a physical copy of the game on 3DS or whatever system you use.

• Is there any way to get some kind of physical copy of the game itself?

Not currently, no. As explained in the reward explanation, the retro box is just that -- a box -- with only the instruction manual in it, intended to be a showpiece and not serve all the same purposes as a full retail game you'd buy from the store. That said, we have had enough feedback about this that we have started looking into the possibility of adding a new pledge tier above the current $60 level that would include some kind of physical media with the game, ideally (but not necessarily) a USB memory device. We still need to analyze costs and gauge interest in the community to be sure this would be something worth offering, so please, let us know what you think! Thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1