• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG PS3 Game's Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Those camera changes are amazing, its great to see Banpresto added them, as they make something like Illusion Arrow seemspecial. Sad to see that not all the characters have their voices as I would have loved to hear what Rim sounds like. Simply beautiful graphics, some of the best art you can get in a video game.

While there is almost zero chance of this being brought to America, I can still wish.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
They will have va's just not heard in the pv. Irm who has a va already wasn't voiced in his attack shown but we know he does have one
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
...I suppose that's one more reason for me to buy a PS3. Laughing

It certainly looks and sounds great, no doubt, but let's hope this extends to whatever changes or tweaks they make to the gameplay system this time around. I'd probably say that about the story too, but considering the particular kind of game we're talking about and the lack of a translation, it's almost going to be a non-issue.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote
That looks glorious! Smile Totally importing yet another SRW for this, anxious to see more of those sweet new attack animations/camera angles and mech models too. The wait's going to be rough.

Yeah since it's a new OG and the first for PS3 hopefully they'll take the chance and bring this over or Atlus will try, I'll totally double-dip to support an English release of this, I'd love to be able to really enjoy the entire game.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
That looks glorious! Smile Totally importing yet another SRW for this...

I want the Blu-ray box, but not the game. Would you buy it from me?

Also, shame on Bandai Visual for releasing it that way. You can buy the game as a standalone but not the anime. WTF is up with that??

EDIT: Check this breakdown: BD box and game @ ¥41,790 SRP - game alone @ ¥8,379 SRP * Amazon's standard 27% pre-order discount on BD's = (¥33,411 - ¥9,021) ¥24,390 BD box alone. ~$305 before shipping. Okay, now THATS a price I'd be willing to pay. Urggggh..sooo frustrating Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1