• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Uploading The Wind Rises, Resident Evil: Damnation on Foreign Site

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote
They're so often unemployed thirtysomethings....

Anyway, he wanted to be appreciated, so I'm curious how much each downloader of those films will be willing to pay toward his legal defense now. Some guy they didn't even know risking his freedom, reputation, and future to bring them their goodies...I mean, wow! They must be grateful...right?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 am Reply with quote
Well maybe you should be arrested for spreading Resident Evil Damnation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
And if he does get the guilty verdict, he'll get thrown in to the same place where they house murderers and rapists. That just shows you how asinine copyright law is. I do not support it any way, shape, or form. And yes, I buy stuff legally. Probably even moreso than when I pirate. Piracy creates interest and it encourages people to spread the word about a company's product. There are other ways to support someone other than buying their stuff. And if anything, it'll only encourage more people to support the company.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
And here we go, another report of a person being jailed for uploading anime. Well this doesn't surprise me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I sometimes wonder if they are actually employed, but the Japanese law enforcement just blatantly lies to the public to make them all appear to be miscreants and malcontents who won't contribute to society. It's not like anyone there is going to question authority or do investigative journalism to find out the truth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1