Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse Studio Makes Hanayamata Schoolgirl Dancing TV Anime


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2619
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
Another yuri anime incoming? Oh yeah! Very Happy

Keep them coming Cool ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Another yuri anime incoming? Oh yeah! Very Happy



2 girls on screen at the same time != yuri

Looks vapid yet cute. Madhouse gotta pay the bills somehow I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

2 girls on screen at the same time != yuri


Yeah but this is a yuri manga.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
Okay then I can safely say that I will never watch this.

Shame such great character designs were wasted on this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
Yes, please continue sharing how much you hate lesbians.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6251
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
2014 is looking pretty good. 2 yuri shows in the same year? Be still, my beating heart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Yes, please continue sharing how much you hate lesbians.


Yes, please continue over-reacting to every post I make.

This is my last post in this thread, I don't feel like being dragged into another argument with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Yes, please continue sharing how much you hate lesbians.


Yes, please continue over-reacting to every post I make.

This is my last post in this thread, I don't feel like being dragged into another argument with you.


Well, the reason you say the character designs are 'wasted' is because its yuri, which means the only thing you object to is the character's sexuality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fireaxe



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 503
Location: Trois-Rivieres, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
It's very very light on the yuri side, but Hanayamata is the best manga I've read in a very long time (only the first two volumes are available in French, volume 3 is coming out this month I think).

I've been hoping for an anime adaptation since I've started reading it, which granted is only a few weeks ago, but to me that's one of the very best piece of news of 2013! Hanayamata somehow reminded me of everything I really liked about both Love Live and Kinmoza, so if you enjoyed any of those be sure to check this one out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 8256
Location: IL
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
2014 is looking pretty good. 2 yuri shows in the same year? Be still, my beating heart.

You can't forget Saki Side B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ignatz



Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 760
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Yes, please continue sharing how much you hate lesbians.

Yes, please continue over-reacting to every post I make.

It's not that we're over-reacting. You're just being annoying. Okay, you don't like yuri, you won't watch any of it. We get it. There's no reason to come into every yuri thread and say the same thing over and over again. Because that is what we call soapboxing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 5298
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:
It's very very light on the yuri side, but Hanayamata is the best manga I've read in a very long time (only the first two volumes are available in French, volume 3 is coming out this month I think).

I've been hoping for an anime adaptation since I've started reading it, which granted is only a few weeks ago, but to me that's one of the very best piece of news of 2013! Hanayamata somehow reminded me of everything I really liked about both Love Live and Kinmoza, so if you enjoyed any of those be sure to check this one out.


So I guess that "yuri" tag was very presumptuous from someone who inputted that, huh. Anyways, after doing a quick search on this yosakoi dance, will Madhouse bring their A-game in actually animating these dances?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5344
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Has someone who read it confirmed it's yuri though? I noticed on a lot of websites (including some pages here on ANN) that people will add genres like yuri or loli to shows that simply have two girls that are close friends or young girls as the main character, for example. Either way, the art is beautiful. "Ordinary in looks" Made me laugh because those girls are hella cute and 90% of the girls I've seen where I live are no where near that level of cute.

About that guy "hating" lesbians....I dont speak for him but I dont think that's really the case. I dont hate gays but I would never watch a shounen ai or yaoi anime because it's just not appealing to my tastes. I actually dont really like yuri that much either for the same reason (mostly tho because the writing is really cheesy and over-the-top when it comes to their affection for each other), but I'll give almost anything a few episodes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6251
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

About that guy "hating" lesbians....I don't speak for him but I don't think that's really the case.


How familiar are you with his posting history on this subject?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11693
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I like that premise tbh and the cover artwork.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group