• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Saburouta's Yuri Manga Citrus

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Yay Citrus.
Also, the second JP volume comes out in March.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
And Seven Seas gets even more of my money.

Can't say I'm not happy. Very Happy

Mark Gosdin
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas has licensed a few yuri manga lately as I recall. I take it this means that titles like Girlfriends did well for them. I sure hope so, since they tried the yuri thing a few years back and it pretty much flopped. Either that or the price to license these titles has come down to where the market can sustain them easier than they could back then.
Nayu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
It sure would be nice if Seven Seas would go back and finish the unfinished yuri they liscensed in the past. Just sayin'....
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
It sure would be nice if Seven Seas would go back and finish the unfinished yuri they liscensed in the past. Just sayin'....

Is there anything in particular you're thinking of? The Strawberry Panic manga was never finished in Japan.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:

Yeah, I was disappointed that they didn't finish up Last Uniform. I mean, there was only one more volume to go! I'm pretty sure they ran into some sort of licensing snafu in regards to First Love Sisters, so I think that was beyond their control. Did I forget any others that they licensed and didn't finish?
Nayu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Nayu wrote:

Yeah, I was disappointed that they didn't finish up Last Uniform. I mean, there was only one more volume to go! I'm pretty sure they ran into some sort of licensing snafu in regards to First Love Sisters, so I think that was beyond their control. Did I forget any others that they licensed and didn't finish?

I think that's it. Wish they could get FLS again. That looked so promising.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
This seems pretty common in anime/manga, but do Japanese parents really remarry without meeting each other's families? Seems like there are a ton of stories revolving around step-siblings meeting for the first time when they move in together. I can't wrap my head around it, is there no dating period at all? I know Japanese adults aren't known for the free time, but surely they don't just move in with the first single co-worker they find.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CXHazuki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Nayu wrote:

I really enjoyed The Last Uniform and wish I could have that last volume in English. I can't believe it was 2007 when they were pushing Yuri real hard. It seems like it was yesterday... Thinking about it, I don't think I have bought any Seven Seas stuff since the failure of their light novel releases.
Nayu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
CXHazuki wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
Nayu wrote:

I really enjoyed The Last Uniform and wish I could have that last volume in English. I can't believe it was 2007 when they were pushing Yuri real hard. It seems like it was yesterday... Thinking about it, I don't think I have bought any Seven Seas stuff since the failure of their light novel releases.

Despite their problems early with yuri, they have some great titles now.

I'm really glad they've branched out from the OEL hell they seemed to be stuck in for a while there.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Nayu wrote:

Aren't you thinking of Hayate X Blade? I'm saying this because HxB definitely is in licensing limbo, and I thought FLS bombed so hard they simply chose to drop it (I might be wrong though). Would be great to have it back in print though, maybe it would make more sense now in a 3-in-1 format.

Anyway, I didn't know about this particular title but I sure will be getting it. I particularly love the fact that it's scheduled to come out before the end of the year. And Seven Seas gets extra points from me for grabbing a manga series that has yet to be licensed in France. Trust me, this doesn't happen really often... much less when yuri is concerned.

Last edited by fireaxe on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YuriGirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Thank you so much Seven Seas you guys are the best! I'm gonna be buying like three copies of this Very Happy

2014 the year of yuri! Keep it coming!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:

Aren't you thinking of Hayate X Blade? I'm saying this because HxB definitely is in licensing limbo, and I thought FLS bombed so hard they simply chose to drop it (I might be wrong though). Would be great to have it back in print though, maybe it would make more sense now in a 3-in-1 format.

That is entirely likely. I forgot about HxB, mainly because I didn't really consider it yuri, at least when compared to the other yuri titles they were releasing. Either way, it's a shame that both titles were never finished.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
<- This call for a celebration! Free Pocky for all. And sharing is encouraged! Wink

fireaxe wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

I heard it was Last Uniform that bombed. Hayate x Blade is definitely in limbo due its switch from Dengeki Daioh to Shueisha (which is Viz's territory). First Love Sisters is the funky one which I forgot the reason. But hey, let's make Citrus a success so more Yuri Hime titles can be brought over (as long it's not Yuru Yuri or Yuri Danshi)!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
So there get more Yuri well im up for it but it would be nice to see someone start getting some Trap manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3