• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soul Eater Not! Manga Will End in 5th Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
That means the anime will have the same ending as the manga. That's rare for a Bones adaptation.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
That means the anime will have the same ending as the manga. That's rare for a Bones adaptation.

Not really that rare. Gosick, Brotherhood, and Zetsuen no Tempest all had the same ending as their respective origin works.

I'm glad to see that the series will have a complete conclusion in both manga and anime form. However, I don't know when the last volume comes out. That could help tell when the anime will end.
Bolaum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Not really that rare. Gosick, Brotherhood, and Zetsuen no Tempest all had the same ending as their respective origin works.

I'm glad to see that the series will have a complete conclusion in both manga and anime form. However, I don't know when the last volume comes out. That could help tell when the anime will end.

He said in an interview that the anime will see the ending before the manga.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

I recall the Tempest anime ending earlier than the manga by a few days or a week, resulting in the anime having its own ending, and thus not being the same as the manga version.
BatmanHG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
It's nice to see an author that actually is getting his way when it comes to the adaptation of the manga and ending it his way at his pace
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

I recall the Tempest anime ending earlier than the manga by a few days or a week, resulting in the anime having its own ending, and thus not being the same as the manga version.

There were a few very minute details and some lines that were different but they were about 99% the same.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I thought we were already aware that the manga was finishing at volume 5. Its sad to see that both have ended so close to each other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:

and considering that its only ending after 5 volumes means that its not really that popular unlike its counterpart too. definitely dont look good for the manga in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1