Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan: No Regrets #1 Has 500,000 Copies in Print




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nemui_Nezumi



Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Posts: 343
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
keep going ACWNR!!! Very Happy

I knew you would sell great!

PD: 140k? shouldn't you include /or mention/ the special edition too? (the total -including both- was around 240,716 copies sold in its first release week)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pykrete



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
Maybe the first print run was 250000, and the second print run another 250k?

I don't remember if its first print run number had been announced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nemui_Nezumi



Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Posts: 343
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
pykrete wrote:
Maybe the first print run was 250000, and the second print run another 250k?

I don't remember if its first print run number had been announced.


but we know how much they sold and if they decided to make a reprint the same day of it's release almost sure your suposition is the right one: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-16/japanese-comic-ranking-april-7-13

as an evidence(?) in Amazon they were a lot of times out of stock in that week which means the first print wasn't enough (and right now both normal and special edition are out of stock again)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
crosswithyou



Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 2844
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Whoo hoo! The manga is pretty amazing and is absolutely like candy to Erwin x Levi fans such as myself. *______*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shadowrun20XX



Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 1913
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
What an odd love for an asshole character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 8247
Location: IL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
That's not all that uncommon, in both real life and towards fiction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pykrete



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:
pykrete wrote:
Maybe the first print run was 250000, and the second print run another 250k?

I don't remember if its first print run number had been announced.


but we know how much they sold and if they decided to make a reprint the same day of it's release almost sure your suposition is the right one: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-16/japanese-comic-ranking-april-7-13

as an evidence(?) in Amazon they were a lot of times out of stock in that week which means the first print wasn't enough (and right now both normal and special edition are out of stock again)


Yeah... but doubling a print run is risky.

Maybe it's more... 350k first run 150k second run.

Oh well, it is a Levi manga. Even though I usually just follow Titan manga sales, even I've heard about how much his merchandise is selling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
puppy1843e



Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 101
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I think this would be nice to see animated before the 2nd season of the main show airs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pykrete



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
http://shosekiranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-454.html

Quote:

「進撃の巨人13」の実売率は約75%、「~悔いなき選択1」は90%以上、「~Before the fall 2」、「~中学校4」はそれぞれ約50%。

Sell-through rate of "13 of the giant march" is about 75%, 90% or more "selection 1 ~ Without regret", "~ Before the fall 2", "junior high school-4" about 50 percent each.


If that 75% sell-through rate is correct, next volume is going to get 3 million print run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dandelion_rose



Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 657
Location: Kuala Lumpur
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:26 am Reply with quote
puppy1843e wrote:
I think this would be nice to see animated before the 2nd season of the main show airs.


Agree. ACWNR is pretty faithful to the original world, I consider it 100% canon. Plus there was sufficient foreshadowing in there to make me put two and two together and learn that spoiler[Levi and Mikasa are related].
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group