• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Regards to a Locked Topic

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guile

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
The topic on Kadokawa recalling a manga was locked before I had a chance to post in it. Though seeing the disturbing sight of people being attacking and even outright banned for supporting incest makes me believe I should consider myself lucky for being late to the discussion.

I just wanted to say in my country incest is legal to practice and the issue itself has started becoming more discussed in European countries over the years I find. So seeing all the comments and action being taken on people who support the subject being so hateful was a bit personal. I can not speak for American law, but just the knowledge that I could have gotten attacked or banned for defending my own nation is an uncomfortable thought. I simply wish for a bit more understanding and awareness in the future so it does not feel as if people are encouraged to attack other cultures and ideas. where practices may be legal compared to one's own, and perhaps some cultural relativism is required.

Perhaps I will be banned for this post, but I felt I could not stand by and keep silent on the issue of intolerance that was displayed.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Okay, your opinion is out there and noted, now.

Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1