• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tales of Fans Rank Favorite Characters, Duos, More in 2014 Poll

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marvel knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
You used Emil's picture in Raven's spot too.
Akuma-Soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Milla > Tear?
List disregarded!
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Akuma-Soul wrote:
Milla > Tear?
List disregarded!

Obviously there's a Xillia 2 bias given its recency especially since Milla was 6th last year and now dropping to 15th. Alvin faced a similar drop. In contrast, Jude's popularity rocketed from 10th to 3rd this year.

Now for some other trivia, Leon fans obviously all went to Judas seeing that Judas didn't even make the top 30 last year and is 5th this year. Similarly (or at least to some degree), Yuri fans went to Flynn and Raven bumping them from 16th and 14th to 7th and 6th, respectively. Rita dropping off the top 10 is a bit surprising though.

Out of all the top contestants though, Luke, and Lloyd continue to be the most consistent (barring Yuri and Leon of course). Emil and Asbel are also showing signs of consistency despite the remakes being relatively recent, the latter showing greater stability though
Legendzerox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I guess I am not the only one disturbed by the fact that Tear Grants, a female who looks like a woman who came from a great game, got beat out by a bunch of little girls who look 12? Honestly people thats disturbing.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I see the fandom is still dominated by females for the most part.

But no Eternia rep except for Rid... and Quickie. Shoot.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Emil!!! glad to see him up there (and twice!) <3333
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Awwww!! No Pascal?! She was a lot of fun as a character!
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Where is Yuri on the top 30 poll, imo he should be 1-30 by himself, but he is not even on the list?

And its also good to see that in Japan they have ten second memories as Xillia 2 things top most of the lists despite reviews being good but not great.
Wrathful

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Awwww!! No Pascal?! She was a lot of fun as a character!

Damn right, she felt like the saving grace in that game. She was the character mostly making things livelier while most of the characters were being down in the dumps.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Nothing from Raine, Sheena, or Presea?.....wow.
potatopurplexs3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
So Collette makes 26, but Raine isn't even in it? How is that even possible? Collette was the worst part of Symphonia!
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
No Tear X Luke?! This is wrong!
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Where is Yuri on the top 30 poll, imo he should be 1-30 by himself, but he is not even on the list?

Yuri and Leon were inducted into the hall of fame, which began after last year's votes due to their consistent 1-2 rankings year after year. Luke may very well be next though the first place ranking continues to a case of "so close yet so far" Razz
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:
Damn right, she felt like the saving grace in that game. She was the character mostly making things livelier while most of the characters were being down in the dumps.

She was also the freakin' Batman. If she wasn't in the party, any cutscene having to do with technology (which is pretty much all of them that didn't involve character drama) would be impossible for the others to figure out since they wouldn't even know how to type on a keyboard. And yes, Pascal was awesome at pepping things up. Kate Higgins had a real ball with the portrayal and honestly surpassed the moe voice of the Japanese version.

I bet the only reason Pascal was excluded is because she's 22 years old and we simply can't have girls older than 19, am I right Japanese Tales fandom? All women are old hags at 20, according to their demented standards of anime girls. It's probably the reason Raine hasn't been in the running at all, despite her mature personality and realistic outlook were both one of the best parts of the Symphonia crew.

I already caught the poll results the other day on Abyssal Chronicles, and it is nice to see some new blood in the running at least.

EDIT: I must have somehow missed the 6th character poll, but it seems Pascal was indeed in the top 30 for that list. However, she didn't last as she completely disappeared for the current 7th poll. Ouch, poor Miss Banana Pie.

Last edited by belvadeer on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Rychy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
No Sheena or Yuri?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2