• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Titles Available for Preorder Again on Amazon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
Has anyone recently received a Yen Press title that they pre-ordered on amazon before the "break down" occurred? I notice that you can no longer purchase Watamote #4, which will be released on July 22, but when I spoke to an amazon representative, they assured me that pre-orders would be honored. It still has a delivery date of July 22 in the "Orders" section of my account. I'm 95% positive that they are "filled with the brown stuff" and won't ship me my copy. Just wondering if anyone got their pre-orders after the "break down". Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

I feel bad for Yen press. They publish a lot of my favorite titles. This can't be good for them.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Has anyone recently received a Yen Press title that they pre-ordered on amazon before the "break down" occurred?

I received a shipping notice for Kazumi Magica 5 on Friday, so they are honoring preorders, but note that the book came out three weeks ago and they're only shipping it now.

What really irks me is that Yen titles aren't showing up in my recommendations. That's how I keep track of upcoming releases, and it's the main reason I use Amazon instead of the Right Stuf.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
Makes sense. Do you really want Amazon to not be selling your junk a week before you'll be announcing Sailor Moon's home video specs?
誤称

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:24 am Reply with quote
I've been receiving my Yen Press titles from Amazon prior to release date. Sorry to hear of your problems.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Thank you everyone! I will be optimistic that I will get my manga then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1