• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Momokyun Sword

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
That's not surprising.

Still no Kindaichi or Ace of Diamond though :(
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Sentai's been licensing everything out there for a while. I wonder if some of these are cheap to acquire because I can't imagine they will be making money on some of these mediocre titles they are getting.

Anyways, still no Majimoji Rurumo. I really hope Sentai can get it. It's from JC Staff as well. Surprised it's not licensed since JC Staff shows usually are taken quickly. Sentai if you see this please get it Smile Luv you.

Last edited by IZFSLE on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the three or so people who require nothing from a show but weak fanservice are overjoyed at this.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I've only heard people saying bad things about this show but so far I think it's not bad. I like some mindless fanservice at times and this one does the job for me.

Might pick it up,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
I'm sure the three or so people who require nothing from a show but weak fanservice are overjoyed at this.

Even in Japan, such titles often sell well and said titles can have a high fan base when the story is really well made outside the fan service.
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Even in Japan, such titles often sell well and said titles can have a high fan base when the story is really well made outside the fan service.

I don't think we've seen another High School of the Dead yet though.

Only other heavy fanserivce shows that I know sell well is Ikki Tousen and DxD.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Even in Japan, such titles often sell well

No they don't, where do people keep getting this assumption from? Name 5 series that sold well and had 'nothing but weak fan service' then. Go on.

On topic, goody, this has been a no nonsense fun start to the series, love Momos Possession Fusion transformations.

KidOblivion wrote:
I don't think we've seen another High School of the Dead yet though.

Only other heavy fanserivce shows that I know sell well is Ikki Tousen and DxD.

DxD has a damn good plot for an ecchi series, best out there by a distance, HOTD had a good plot to back it up as well, Ikki Tousen I can't comment on yet. Only fan service laden series with nothing else to back it up that sold well is Kill la Kill.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
KidOblivion wrote:
Still no Kindaichi or Ace of Diamond though

You have to pledge for Kindaichi through AnimeSols. I doubt anyone else would touch it.
Osaka2002

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
IZFSLE wrote:
Sentai's been licensing everything out there for a while. I wonder if some of these are cheap to acquire because I can't imagine they will be making money on some of these mediocre titles they are getting.

Anyways, still no Majimoji Rurumo. And it's from JC Staff as well. Surprised it's not licensed.

*sighs*

More trolls who are hating on something that isn't catered toward their "exquisite" tastes. Why am I not surprised?

AsherFischell wrote:

EighteenSky wrote:
No they don't, where do people keep getting this assumption from? Name 5 series that sold well and had 'nothing but weak fan service' then. Go on.

Only fan service laden series with nothing else to back it up that sold well is Kill la Kill.

You do realize that you partially contradicted yourself, right? Laughing
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
That post was in relation to KidOblivion and heavy fan service shows selling which is why I quoted them.
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Osaka2002 wrote:
*sighs*

More trolls who are hating on something that isn't catered toward their "exquisite" tastes. Why am I not surprised?

And where exactly was I trolling or hating? Or did you accidentally quote me?

It seems your reply came from way out of left field. This is why online anime communities can't have a nice atmosphere because people exactly like you try to start an argument out of nothing.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
FUDGE YEAH!! ANOTHER BOOBIE-FEST TO BE DUBBED!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

I think that statement on it being dubbed is jumping to conclusions since a lot of Sentai titles are sub-only (but occasionally do get dubbed).
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

I think that statement on it being dubbed is jumping to conclusions since a lot of Sentai titles are sub-only (but occasionally do get dubbed).

True, but if they thought Mysterious Girlfriend X was dub-worthy then this has got to be as well.

For the record, I LOVE Mysterious Girlfriend X, tis one of my favorite anime/manga series of all time, but I never thought it would even get licensed in the first place let alone dubbed considering its subject matter....GET US ANOTHER SEASON ALREADY!!
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Seems to me some people IRL think like kuroneko from oreimo, their motto is "complicated is good, simple is awful" when the truth is that there is nothing bad with simple if it is entertaining and sometimes a complicated plot is only an smoke screen for bad writing skills.

So congrats to Sentai for bringing this series, if anything it will make the haters have an aneurysm or two.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2