• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Network on Demand - Subscribers

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking of getting a subscription to this site and I'd appreciate any feedback from somebody who already has. What's the player like? Have you run into any issues worth mentioning?
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
I had a subscription a while back for maybe a month or two, but from what I remember, the player's crap and they used hard subtitles(uggh).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Heh. I had a subscription when they were promoting themselves in the UK and nearly everything was dubbed so subtitles were not an issue ^^;

Everything available in the UK was also in SD (and clearly ripped from the DVD masters if not the DVDs themselves) and on my particular computer it refused to go fullscreen so I had a subscription for a whole year and only used it a couple of times... (note that this was years ago and I think also two laptops ago).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
once in a while the player will freeze and the audio will rewind about 3 seconds and play again over the frozen video until it catches up and the video continues playing like nothing happened. I haven't been on forums so I don't know if this happens to others or it's just me. it doesn't happen very often so I've just ignored it. other than that, everything else works fine for me
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Cool, thanks, guys. I did some more poking around on the site and they actually have a fair amount of free content available. Said content is not in HD or dubbed, but that doesn't always matter that much to me.

Think I'll mosey around for free for a bit and then decide from there whether to step up to a subscription.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1