• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Hellsing Ultimate Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
*sigh*

So not only does America get shafted out of The Dawn manga, but the OVA's too?
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Alucard is still that dude, that immortal hemoglobin craving dude who orders Chinese food late at night.
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Hey that'll coincide with TFS's next Hellsing release
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I still wish that Funimation would have some sort of replacement case to store all the discs inside of the artbox that came with the last one. I don't think they thought it through..,
Dan297na

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Have they confirmed yet that they got the dub cast to return for these final 2 episodes?
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Funimation, it has been a rocky relationship. The ups and downs, highs and lows over the years have taught me much about myself; how we have both grown and changed. In the end, I realize now that I haven't been able to walk away simply because something burning inside me still yearns for the past and time spent now gone. However, if you f*ck this up, I'm turning to the darkness and moving in with Aniplex. I'll drop you like a bad habit. This might be a dealbreaker, dah'lin.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
*sigh*

the author himself shafted The Dawn from the Japanese.It never got enough chapters to compile even a single book volume.Wanna import what was published so far?track down each magazine issue with a chapter of the series originally published...
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:07 am Reply with quote
Loved the Crispin Freeman Alucard bit at the end of the trailer, always get hyped hearing him as Alucard, can't wait.

Yeah, EnigmaticSky, heck for Hellsing I would have even paid extra a second time for a limited edition box again that would hold the whole thing.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
Already preordered. Can't wait!
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
Leland Lee wrote:
*sigh*

the author himself shafted The Dawn from the Japanese.It never got enough chapters to compile even a single book volume.Wanna import what was published so far?track down each magazine issue with a chapter of the series originally published...

1-Six chapters were released. That's enough for two regular-sized volumes, or one jumbo volume.
2-While the manga was cancelled, its big lingering mystery was still resolved nonetheless in the final chapter. In short, it's concluded. Sure, I would've loved it if it was fleshed out a bit more - but it is what it is.
3-All of this still doesn't explain why Funi couldn't put in a wee bit of extra effort in bringing The Dawn OVA's here. I mean...it's the same damn cast. Each episode is 15 minutes, too. It's just insulting after the half assed effort they put towards the first episode in the second set.
4-...Unless they're planning to release them like they did with FMA Brotherhood and what they plan on with Attack on Titan. Greedy bastards.
IanC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:
Leland Lee wrote:
*sigh*

1-Six chapters were released. That's enough for two regular-sized volumes, or one jumbo volume.
2-While the manga was cancelled, its big lingering mystery was still resolved nonetheless in the final chapter. In short, it's concluded. Sure, I would've loved it if it was fleshed out a bit more - but it is what it is.
3-All of this still doesn't explain why Funi couldn't put in a wee bit of extra effort in bringing The Dawn OVA's here. I mean...it's the same damn cast. Each episode is 15 minutes, too. It's just insulting after the half assed effort they put towards the first episode in the second set.
4-...Unless they're planning to release them like they did with FMA Brotherhood and what they plan on with Attack on Titan. Greedy bastards.

Maybe they are a separate license.

Just sayin'
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

Just sayin'

I was just thinking about this possibility.

Between Digest for Freaks, Psalm of Darkness, The Dawn, and Drifters, there's over an hour of OVA material that they could potentially sell as a standalone release, like the FMA OVAs.

And with a series as popular as Hellsing, I'm sure people would buy it. Provided they actually dub it this time, of course.
natemaster15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
already preorder and i cant wait i knew that they wouldnt let the hellsing fans down, believe me hellsing fans might be mad on the wait but it is well worth it
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait for the eventual complete set.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
IanC wrote:

Just sayin'

I was just thinking about this possibility.

Between Digest for Freaks, Psalm of Darkness, The Dawn, and Drifters, there's over an hour of OVA material that they could potentially sell as a standalone release, like the FMA OVAs.

And with a series as popular as Hellsing, I'm sure people would buy it. Provided they actually dub it this time, of course.

Digest for Freaks was like a sneak preview...for the first OVA. Why would they release something like that ten years later?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1