• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ani-Imo GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Incest I don't have a problem with, but I don't like gender benders.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
This is another one of those spoiler[not related by blood, but raised together fake] incest stories.

In Your and My Secret there was not so much a change of personality as the existing personalities of the two were more compatible with the swapped bodies. Each had the stereotypical personality of the opposite sex. As far as the series was issued here, they seemed to be becoming adjusted their new situation. Unfortunately Your and My Secret was another manga that was licensed twice and abandoned twice.

In both series, I find the concept of a body swap easier to accept than I do the idea that the guy would try to not look at a body he was occupying.

Last edited by Alan45 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
lys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45, is that first line true? Maybe it should be spoiler-tagged, since it seems like Rebecca made a point of not giving it away in her review.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
@lys
I hadn't thought of that. It is revealed as part of the initial setup (pages 24 & 25)* and well before the gender swap. I went ahead and spoiler tagged anyway. Thanks for mentioning it.

*spoiler[complete with family tree charts].
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
In both series, I find the concept of a body swap easier to accept than I do the idea that the guy would try to not look at a body he was occupying.

And I find it hard to accept that looking is a worse offense than touching. Bathing requires a certain amount of tactile intimacy... Smile (haven't read it, maybe that's addressed)
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
@Gina Szanboti
In both series there is at least an attempt to bathe blindfolded. No discussion about touching. In both the girl pronounces the male body amazing and states a refusal to give it up. It is clear, though not so stated that the girls immediately try masturbation in the male body.

If you don't know how or when you could change back, I fail to see that exploration of any kind is an offense. If for reasons of basic hygiene if nothing else. The only exception I can see is Kokoro Connect where they knew the switch was only temporary. Even there it was admitted that they had to use the rest room.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
whoa this got licensed? im very surprised i read it a while back on the internet but there was a haitus or somethin and then i forgot about it. If its gonna be consistently released now i would buy it... discretely. The premise for this GN is not unusual but the author portrays it in such a different way that it seems original even though it isnt. looking forward to future releases and i hope it doesnt get canceled
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Twins
that look nothing alike
are not twins. Get it right Japan. Fail. Rolling Eyes

That aside, as we are all gestated as female until round the 10th week, when that train of DNA with gender info is clicked, or not as the case might be, then leaving out the obvious physical location of the nerve cluster for sexual stimulation between the genders, I don't see how that much different the sensation of an orgasm would feel between the two. Being a married man of 38 years, it is my observation that the reactions of her-indoor's wasn't much different to that of my own in comparison, therefore I base my conclusion on those observations, also I'll give this a miss for the same reason.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Twins
that look nothing alike
are not twins. Get it right Japan. Fail. Rolling Eyes

i haven't read enough to be sure but they should be fraternal twins and thats stll classified as twins, think Olivia and Sebastian from Shakespeares 12th night play
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1